DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
FY 97-98 Annual Plan for Awarding Grants Under the Pennsylvania Agricultural Fair Act
[27 Pa.B. 3821]
The Department of Agriculture (Department), under authority of section 8(a) of the Pennsylvania Agricultural Fair Act (act) (3 P. S. §§ 1501--1508.1), hereby announces that the Secretary of Agriculture, with the advice and assistance of the Agricultural Fair Advisory Committee at its meeting of July 15, 1997, adopted the FY 97-98 Annual Plan on the awarding of grants to eligible organizations under the provisions of the act.
The act authorizes the Department to make grants to organizations conducting eligible agricultural fairs, Statewide agricultural organizations which contribute to the development of agriculture and agribusiness and to eligible agricultural youth groups for support of their programs. The Secretary, with the advice and assistance of the Advisory Committee created by the act, is to adopt an annual plan for awarding of grants subject to the limitations specified in section 5 of the act.
The Annual Plan, as adopted by the Secretary, provides for the award of grants to each eligible organization subject to the availability of funds on the following basis:
1. For operating expenses, the maximum payment allowed for each Class Fair under section 5(1)(i)(A) of the act will be paid.
2. For premium reimbursement, the maximum payment allowed under section 5(1)(i)(B) of the act will be paid.
3. For reimbursement to each eligible organization conducting harness horse racing at its annual fair, other than races for 2 and 3 year old colts and fillies, the maximum amount of reimbursement allowed under section 5(1)(iii) of the act will be paid.
4. For reimbursement to each eligible organization conducting races for 2 and 3 year old colts and fillies at its annual fair, the maximum amount of reimbursement allowed under section 5(1)(iv) of the act will be paid.
5. For reimbursement of operating costs and premiums, a maximum amount of $2,000 and in addition a maximum amount of $10,000 based on a sum equal to 50% of the amount spent by the eligible Statewide agricultural organizations for premiums that are not in the $2,000 payment as provided under section 5(2) of the act. The total maximum payment hereunder shall not exceed $12,000.
6. For actual expenses incurred for activities which contribute to the advancement of agriculture or agribusiness by 4-H Youth groups, a payment which will be calculated according to the following formula will pay for a maximum of 4,000 members per county: 4-H groups with 500 members or less will receive base funding of $2,000, groups with more than 500 will receive $2,000 for the first 500 members and an additional $2.00 per member for every member over 500 with a total maximum funding of $9,000.
7. For actual expenses incurred for activities which contribute to the advancement of agriculture or agribusiness by FFA Youth groups, a payment which will be calculated according to the following formula:
Tier I: FFA Chapters with 100 members or less will receive base funding of $1,000 with an additional $2.00 per member.
Tier II: FFA Chapters with 101 to 210 members inclusive will receive a $2,000 base funding with no additional monies on a per member basis.
Tier III: FFA Chapters with 211 members or more will receive funding of $2,000 with an additional $2.00 per member for every member over 210.
8. Any funds remaining after the above grants have been awarded shall be utilized for capital improvement as provided in section 5(1)(ii) of the act.
9. The Secretary will endeavor to disburse the above payments in accordance with the following schedule:
(a) By February 1, 1998 for payment under paragraph 1-7 above.
(b) By September 30, 1998 for payment approved and authorized in FY 97-98 under paragraph 8 above.
SAMUEL E. HAYES, Jr.,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 97-1213. Filed for public inspection August 1, 1997, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.