Title 249--PHILADELPHIA RULES
Administrative Reorganization of the First Judicial District; No. 196; Judicial Administration Doc. No. 1
[28 Pa.B. 3935]
And Now, this 3rd day of August, 1998, Attachment A of this Court's order of March 26, 1996, as amended and entitled Administrative Reorganization of the First Judicial District, is further amended in accordance with Attachment A hereto. The amendment and deletions to the Order and attachment of March 26, 1996 are effective September 1, 1998.
OF THE FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT--EFFECTIVE
APRIL 1, 1996
I. REALIGNMENT OF OFFICES:
A. An Administrative Governing Board of the First Judicial District is created and shall be comprised of the three (3) President Judges; the three (3) Administrative Judges; and the Administrator of the Pennsylvania Courts. The Supreme Court shall appoint the Chairperson of this Board annually.
B. The position of Executive Court Administrator is eliminated.
C. The position of Court Administrator for the First Judicial District is created with an initial salary of $90,000/per annum.
[D. The position of Budget Administrator for the First Judicial District is created with an initial salary of $85,000/per annum.]
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Administrative Governing Board of the First Judicial District.
1. The Supreme Court shall appoint the Chairperson of the Board annually. Effective April 1, 1996, the Chairperson shall be Honorable Alex Bonavitacola, President Judge, Court of Common Pleas.
2. Decisions of the Board shall be by majority vote.
3. The Board shall select the Court Administrator of the First Judicial District; and
[4. The Board shall select the Budget Administrator of the First Judicial District; and]
4. [5.] The Board shall establish the annual salary for the Court [and Budget] Administrator[s] of the First Judicial District; and
5. [6.] The Board shall evaluate the yearly performance of the Court [and Budget] Administrator[s]; and
[7. The Board shall meet as often as possible with the Budget Administrator in order to monitor and develop an appropriate budget for each court of the district as well as the offices of Court Administrator, Budget Administrator and Procurement; and]
6. [8.] The Board shall designate who shall negotiate the Budget with the City Administrator; and
7. [9.] The Board shall monitor the overall performance of all courts and departments of the District in an attempt to achieve the very best court system possible and file with the Supreme Court an annual report as to its progress.
8. [10.] The Chairperson of the Board shall serve as the check and balance and as a necessary co-signature for all appointments, promotions, demotions or disciplinary action made by the Court Administrator [or Budget Administrator] for his or her department. In absence of agreement between the Chairperson and Court [or Budget Administrator] the disagreement shall be referred to the State Court Administrator for final resolution.
B. COURT ADMINISTRATOR OF THE FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT.
1. The Court Administrator shall have all the duties and responsibilities of the present Executive Court Administrator of the First Judicial District except for those now assigned to the Chairperson of the Governing Board; [the Budget Administrator and] the Department of Procurement and as more particularly set forth herein.
2. The Court Administrator shall report directly to the Governing Administrative Board.
3. All personnel now assigned to the Executive Court Administrator shall be assigned to the new Court Administrator, except for those assigned [to the new Budget Administrator and those assigned] to Procurement.
[C. BUDGET ADMINISTRATOR OF THE FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT.
1. The Budget Administrator shall have a staff as set by the Governing Administrative Board.
2. The Budget Administrator shall work with all courts, divisions of the courts and departments of the District in order to prepare and present future budgets of the District; and
3. The Budget Administrator shall continually monitor the budget and the expenditures of the District; and
4. The Budget Administrator shall report directly to the Administrative Governing Board.]
Since it is anticipated that it may take a short time beyond April 1, 1996 for the Administrative Governing Board to organize itself, agree upon a selection process and hire a Court Administrator, Dr. Geoff Gallas shall be appointed as Budget Administrator of the First Judicial District effective April 1, 1996. The Chairperson of the Administrative Governing Board and the State Court Administrator will serve jointly as Court Administrator until a permanent selection is made by the Administrative Governing Board.]
[IV. ORGANIZATIONAL CHART FOR FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT
The organization chart attached hereto is incorporated by reference herein and is intended to reflect a reorganization of the First Judicial District, effective April 1, 1996.]
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 98-1308. Filed for public inspection August 14, 1998, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.