Application for Merger of a Domestic Stock Life Insurance Corporation With and Into a Non-Domestic Stock Life Insurance Corporation
[28 Pa.B. 4009]
Conseco Life Insurance Company (Conseco Life), a stock life insurance company organized under the laws of the state of Indiana, filed an application to merge with Philadelphia Life Insurance Company (Philadelphia Life), a domestic stock life insurance company, with Conseco Life surviving the merger. The filing was made under the requirements set forth under the Insurance Holding Company Act (40 P. S. § 991.1402 et. seq.) and the GAA Amendments Act of 1990 (15 P. S. § 21101 et seq.) Persons wishing to comment on the merger are invited to submit a written statement to the Insurance Department (Department) within 30 days from the date of this issue of the Pennsylvania Bulletin. Each written statement must include the name, address and telephone number of the interested party; identification of the application to which the statement is addressed; and a concise statement with sufficient detail and relevant facts to inform the Department of the exact basis of the statement. Written statements should be directed to Carolyn Smith, Insurance Company Licensing Specialist, Insurance Department, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120; fax (717) 787-8557; email http:// firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under 15 P. S. § 21207(c) (Section 207(c) of the GAA Amendments Act of 1990), the Department will hold a public informational meeting regarding the proposed plan of merger submitted by Conseco Life. All policyholders and interested persons are invited to attend and participate.
1. Date and Time: September 3, 1998, beginning at 9 a.m.
2. Location: Ben Franklin Conference Room, 13th Floor, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA.
3. Format of Meeting: The Department and Conseco Life will provide information about the review process and the proposed plan of merger. Following the presentations by the Department and Conseco Life, policyholders and interested persons will be invited to make comments about the proposed plan of merger. However, policyholders and interested persons in attendance will not be required to make comments. Attendance or nonattendance at the meeting will have no effect on the terms of the policyholders' insurance policies. The meeting will be recorded by a court reporter, and a transcript may be purchased directly from the court reporter.
4. Legal Authority: The public informational meeting will be held under the provisions of the GAA Amendments Act of 1990 (15 P. S. § 21101 et seq.)
5. Questions Regarding the Specifics of the Plan of Merger: Questions about the plan of merger or questions about an insurance policy should be directed to Conseco Life Insurance Company.
6. Written Comments: Persons who are unable to attend the public informational meeting or would prefer to submit written comments about Conseco Life's proposed plan of merger, may do so by mailing or delivering a copy of the comments to Carolyn Smith, Insurance Company Licensing Specialist, Insurance Department, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, fax (717) 787-8557, or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please be advised that all comments received will be part of the public files regarding this proposal, and will be shared with Conseco Life for a response where appropriate.
7. ADA Notice: If, due to a disability, persons require the assistance of auxiliary aid or services to participate in or attend this public informational meeting, call Tracey Pontius, Director of the Bureau of Administration, (717) 787-4298. Persons who are hearing impaired, should call the Department's TDD phone number (717) 783-3898.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 98-1333. Filed for public inspection August 14, 1998, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.