Public Informational Meeting Regarding the Consolidation of Two Domestic Insurance Corporations
[28 Pa.B. 4010]
Millers Mutual Insurance Company (Millers Mutual) and Paradise Mutual Insurance Company (Paradise Mutual), both Pennsylvania domiciled mutual fire insurance companies, have filed an application to consolidate into a new mutual fire insurance company. The filing was made under the Insurance Holding Companies Act (40 P. S. § 991.1401 et seq.) and the GAA Amendments Act of 1990 (15 P. S. § 21101 et seq.). The consolidated company will be called Millers Mutual Insurance Company. Under 15 P. S. § 21207(c) (Section 207(c) of the GAA Amendments Act of 1990), the Insurance Department (Department) will hold a public informational meeting regarding the proposed plan of consolidation. All policyholders and interested persons are invited to attend and participate.
1. Date and Time: August 27, 1998, beginning at 9 a.m.
2. Location: Ben Franklin Conference Room, 13th Floor, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA.
3. Format of Meeting: The Department, Paradise Mutual and Millers Mutual will provide information about the review process and the proposed plan of consolidation. Following the presentations by the Department and the applicant companies, policyholders and interested persons will be invited to make comments about the proposed plan of consolidation. However, policyholders and interested persons in attendance will not be required to make comments. Attendance or nonattendance at the meeting will have no effect on the terms of the policyholders' insurance policies. The meeting will be recorded by a court reporter, and a transcript may be purchased directly from the court reporter.
4. Legal Authority: The public informational meeting will be held under the provisions of the GAA Amendments Act of 1990 (15 P. S. § 21101 et seq.).
5. Questions Regarding the Specifics of the Plan of Consolidation: Questions about the plan of consolidation or questions about Millers Mutual insurance policies should be directed to Robert L. Lyon at Millers Mutual Insurance Company (717) 232-3211. Questions regarding Paradise Mutual insurance policies should be directed to James Breighner (717) 632-0044.
6. Written Comments: Persons who are unable to attend the public informational meeting or would prefer to submit written comments about Millers Mutual's proposed plan of consolidation, may do so by mailing or delivering a copy of the comments to Carolyn Smith, Insurance Company Licensing Specialist, Insurance Department, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, fax (717) 787-8557 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please be advised that all comments received will be part of the public files regarding this proposal, and will be shared with Millers Mutual and/or Paradise Mutual for a response where appropriate.
7. ADA Notice: If, due to a disability, persons require the assistance of auxiliary aid or services to participate in or attend this public informational meeting, call Tracey Pontius, Director of the Bureau of Administration, (717) 787-4298. Persons who are hearing impaired, should call the Department's TDD phone number (717) 783-3898.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 98-1337. Filed for public inspection August 14, 1998, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.