Rate Filing; Pennsylvania Professional Liability Joint Underwriting Association
[29 Pa.B. 2628]
On May 3, 1999, the Insurance Department received from the Pennsylvania Professional Liability Joint Underwriting Association (JUA) a filing proposing the following:
* Adjust rates for two medical specialties and reallocate territories for five counties;
* Implement a new rating rule for third party entities who provide professional medical services to inmates of prisons;
* Revise the surcharge plan;
* Add new rate classification descriptions for several physician medical specialties;
* Revise and delete some rate classification descriptions in order to adopt, with limited exceptions, approved classification changes for PMSLIC;
* Extend rate discounts to eligible part-time, nonsurgical podiatrists; and
* Revise the rate classification description for psychoanalysts.
Unless formal administrative action is taken prior to June 15, 1999, the subject filing may be deemed approved upon the requested effective date, January 1, 2000, by operation of law.
Copies of the filing will be available for public inspection, by appointment, during normal working hours at the Insurance Department's offices in Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Erie.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments, suggestions or objections to Chuck Romberger, CPCU, Insurance Department, Bureau of Regulation of Rates and Policies, Room 1311, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, or by e-mail at email@example.com, within 30 days after publication of this notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 99-805. Filed for public inspection May 14, 1999, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.