Title 255--LOCAL COURT RULES
Local Rule of Court Under Rule 400.1 of the Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure; No. 99-40228
[29 Pa.B. 4678]
Order of Court
And Now, this 19th day of August, 1999, it is hereby Ordered and Decreed, effective thirty (30) days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin, that the Butler County Court of Common Pleas hereby Adopts Local Rule of Civil Procedure L400.1 governing service of original process:
L400.1 Person to make service within the Commonwealth--Generally.
(a) With respect to all actions filed in Butler County, Pennsylvania original process shall be served within the Commonwealth:
(i) by the sheriff or a competent adult in the actions in equity, partition, prevent waste, and declaratory judgment when declaratory relief is the only relief sought, and
(ii) by the sheriff in all other actions.
(b) This Rule shall become effective thirty (30) days after its publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and shall be promulgated in the manner provided by Pa. R.C.P. 239(c). Until this Rule becomes effective, service in Butler County shall only be made in a manner consistent with this Order.
It is further Ordered that the Butler County Court Administrator do the following:
1. File seven (7) certified copies of this Administrative Order with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts.
2. File two (2) certified copies with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. File one (1) certified copy with the Pennsylvania Civil Procedural Rules Committee.
4. Forward one (1) copy for publication in the Butler County Law Journal.
5. Forward one (1) copy to the Butler County Law Library.
6. Keep continuously available for public inspection copies of the Order and Rule in the Prothonotary's Office.
By the Court
MARTIN J. O'BRIEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 99-1485. Filed for public inspection September 3, 1999, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.