Notice to Medical Malpractice Insurance Carriers and Self-Insured Health Care Providers
[29 Pa.B. 5162]
Insurance companies that offer basic limits medical malpractice coverage are required to report medical malpractice claims information to the Medical Professional Liability Catastrophe Loss Fund (Fund) and to the Insurance Department (Department) for insureds who are subject to the provisions of The Health Care Services Malpractice Act (40 P. S. §§ 1301.701--1301.705) (act). Organizations and physicians that self-insure their medical malpractice exposures are also required to report this claims information. These reports are required under section 809 of the act, as amended by Act 135 of 1996.
The claims information must be reported to the Fund and to the Department. The following Calendar Year 1998 claims information is due to the Fund and to the Department by November 1, 1999:
* the aggregate amount of premium earned;
* the aggregate amount of losses paid;
* the aggregate amount of losses incurred;
* the aggregate amount of loss reserves outstanding;
* the aggregate amount of loss adjustment expenses paid;
* the aggregate amount of loss adjustment expenses incurred;
* the aggregate amount of loss adjustment expense reserves outstanding;
* a table showing separately by accident year and county the number of claims first reported (or arising) in 1998;
* a table showing separately by accident year and disposition (that is, judgment of arbitration panel, judgment of court, settlement or other) the number of claims closed (or disposed) in 1998;
* a separate table for each type of disposition identified above showing for claims closed (or disposed) in 1998 separately by accident year: the number of claims closed (or disposed) with payment; the total losses incurred for those claims closed with payment; the basic coverage premiums collected.
Reports must be submitted in both printed form and in electronic form as an Excel or Lotus spreadsheet. The forms for submission and preformatted Excel spreadsheets have been mailed and should arrive by October 1, 1999.
Persons who have not received their forms by this date, should contact Chuck Romberger, Actuary II, 1311 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, (717) 783-2103, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions concerning the information contained in this notice may also be directed to Chuck Romberger.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 99-1695. Filed for public inspection October 1, 1999, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.