Retention of a Consulting Firm
[30 Pa.B. 291]
Open End Facilities Management Consulting
Reference No. 3-126
The Turnpike Commission (Commission) will retain one Facilities Management Consulting Firm for an open-end contract to provide various facilities management-related services, analyses and reports. Consulting services will include, but not be limited to: overview assessment of facilities management components--custodial, maintenance, capital improvements, grounds care, energy management, and the like; energy procurement strategy; benchmarking and best practice recommendations; alternative organizational and contractual arrangements; technical, financial and staffing requirements; reporting methodologies; and other facilities-related services as needed.
The firm selected will have experience with large, complex facilities management organizations in the areas of operations and maintenance, performance benchmarking, performance measurement methodologies, operating and capital budgeting, service delivery systems, strategic planning and program implementation.
The contract will be for a maximum of $500,000 or for a 24 month period. The firm will be required to provide sufficient office personnel, managers, technical personnel and clerical staff to support requested services.
The following factors will be considered by the Commission during the evaluation of the firms submitting Letters of Interest for this consulting engagement:
b. Specialized experience and technical competence of prime consultant and subconsultants. The team must clearly demonstrate an ability to analyze available data to make decisions and develop plans to complete the designated tasks in a timely and cost effective manner.
c. Past record of performance with respect to cost control, work quality, ability to meet schedules and previous experience on similar projects. The consultant should identify similar projects that have been completed by that firm as the prime, the magnitude of the project, and the client.
d. The specific experience and number of individuals who constitute the firm.
e. Location of consultant's office where the work will be performed.
f. Workload of the prime consultant and subconsultants for all Turnpike Commission projects and any other Pennsylvania State or local government projects.
g. Other factors, if any, specific to the project.
Address these items and any necessary further details in a brief yet comprehensive manner in the letter of interest.
Direct inquiries to Don Santostefano at (717) 986-9627; or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Requirements and Information
Firms interested in providing the above work and services are invited to submit a Letter of Interest with the required information. The Letters of Interest must include the following:
1. One page transmittal letter clearly identifying the consulting services reference number, brief description of the consulting services from the advertisement, the firm's Federal identification number, the firm's legal name, contact person or project manager, address of corporate office and project office. (If the firm has multiple offices, the location of the office performing the work must be identified)
2. Three page expression of interest in the advertised consulting services. Each firm should demonstrate their ability to perform the specific requirements indicated for these services and provide explanation that the firm has successfully completed similar type consulting services of the same magnitude.
3. An organization chart for the consulting services, identifying key personnel and any subconsultants and their roles. Any deviation from the subconsultant's listed in the letter of interest will require written approval from the Commission.
4. Tabulation of workload for the prime consultant and all subconsultants for all Turnpike Commission projects and any other Pennsylvania State or local government projects.
5. Other required information:
* Resumes of key personnel expected to be involved in the project, (limit to one 8 1/2 x 11 page, one side, per person). Only resumes of key personnel should be included.
* Copy of the firm's registration to do business in the Commonwealth as provided by the Department of State for firms with out-of-State headquarters or corporations not incorporated in Pennsylvania.
* A copy of the State's DBE/WBE Certification, if applicable.
If a Joint Venture responds to a project advertisement, the Commission will not accept separate letters of interest from joint venture constituents. A firm will not be permitted to submit a letter of interest on more than one joint venture for the same project reference number. Also, a firm that responds to a project as a prime may not be included as a designated subconsultant to another firm that responds to the same project advertisement. This does not preclude a firm from being set forth as a designated subconsultant to more than one prime consultant responding to the project advertisement.
Firms interested in performing the above services are invited to submit a letter of interest and required information to Don Santostefano, Facilities Manager, at the Turnpike Commission Administration Building located at 176 Kost Road, Carlisle, PA 17013-9779 (parcel delivery address). Mailing Address: P. O. Box 67676, Harrisburg, PA 17106-7676.
The letter of interest and required information must be received by 12 noon, January 28, 2000. Any letters of interest received after this date and time will be time-stamped and returned.
Based on an evaluation of acceptable letters of interest received in response to this solicitation, one firm will be selected. The order of preference will be established for the purpose of negotiating an agreement with the highest ranked firm established by the Technical Review Committee and approved by the Selection Committee. Technical Proposals or Requests for Proposals will not be requested prior to selection.
The Commission reserves the right to reject all letters of interest, to cancel solicitation requested under this notice, and/or to re-advertise solicitation for the work and services.
JAMES F. MALONE, III,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 00-91. Filed for public inspection January 7, 2000, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.