Office of Vocational Rehabilitation; Innovation and Expansion Grant to Provide Logistical Support and Coordination Services to the Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council
[32 Pa.B. 2381]
The Department of Labor and Industry, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended in 1992, announces that competing applications to establish, expand or improve community rehabilitation programs serving persons with the most significant disabilities will be accepted. This competition is authorized under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
Funding for this competition is under the auspice of the State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation and the OVR, which will serve as administrator and fiscal agent for the grant awarded under this competition. Applications will be written to accomplish the following area of emphasis:
To provide logistical support and coordination services to the Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) including:
* To arrange, coordinate, facilitate and produce minutes for a minimum of four quarterly meetings of the SILC.
* To arrange, coordinate, facilitate and produce minutes for SILC committee meetings. Committee meetings will be conducted via conference calls.
* To assist SILC conduct a minimum of three public forums per year soliciting consumer input regarding the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) for the Federal fiscal years ending September 30, 2003, and September 30, 2004.
* To assist SILC conduct a minimum of four public forums soliciting consumer input regarding the SPIL for the Federal fiscal years 2005-2007.
* To assist SILC to complete the United States Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), Section 704 Annual Performance Report for Independent Living Programs (Section 704 Report) and submit that report to OVR and RSA no later than January 31 of each year. The Section 704 Report reflects annual independent living services and accomplishments through September 30 of the preceding calendar year.
* To assist SILC prepare and disseminate information, solicit input and comply with reporting requirements imposed upon it by the Federal government or the OVR.
* To coordinate and arrange logistics associated with any SILC function sanctioned by the Commonwealth, including scheduling of events, lodging arrangements, related travel arrangements, including maintenance of travel records, travel reimbursement and reasonable disability-related accommodations for SILC members or others approved by the Commonwealth.
This competition will result in one award and funding for a 4-year period, beginning October 1, 2002. Activities allowable under this grant competition include those previously noted.
The successful applicant will enter a contract with the OVR to serve as the Commonwealth's agent administering logistical and coordinative services as described, including management of a project budget of approximately $275,000 during the first year of the award. SILC project budgets may vary in subsequent contract years during the life of the award.
For purposes of this competition, an eligible applicant is a for-profit or nonprofit organization, incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth or a government agency or political subdivision experienced in effectively managing the budget and operations for, and facilitating the activities of, advisory boards or other advisory bodies.
A successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the effectiveness of previous experience in its grant application.
Applications received by 5 p.m. on June 21, 2002, which are complete and conform to established specifications, will be accepted for review. Applications submitted after this date and time will be ineligible for consideration.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers convened for that purpose.
The effective dates for the contract will be October 1, 2002, through September 30, 2003. Final awards made through this competition are subject to the approval of the Executive Director of the OVR.
A complete application package, which includes more detailed information, is available by contacting Jacqueline B. Lucas, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Contracts and Grants Management Section, 1521 North Sixth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102, (717) 787-7016, TDD: (717) 783-8917, fax: (717) 705-9345.
A preproposal conference to deal specifically with technical questions regarding applications will be held for applicants on Monday, May 20, 2002, at 10 a.m. at the OVR Central Office, 1521 North Sixth St., Harrisburg, PA. Copies of the application package will also be available at this conference.
Persons planning to attend the conference who have special needs that should be considered to participate fully in the conference should contact Jacqueline B. Lucas at (717) 787-7016 no later than 1 week in advance of the conference date.
JOHNNY J. BUTLER,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 02-863. Filed for public inspection May 10, 2002, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.