Retention of an Engineering Firm
[32 Pa.B. 5828]
Mon/Fayette Expressway Project
State Route 51 to Pittsburgh
Section 53L--Hays Interchange
Reference No. E-030
The Turnpike Commission (Commission) will retain an engineering firm to provide preliminary and final design services for the development of a section of limited access highway on new alignment between State Route 51 and I-376.
This section is located within the City of Pittsburgh, in Hays, and includes the reconfiguration of the Hays Interchange on State Route 885. A structure over Glass Run Road and a new culvert on Streets Run are included in this section. This section is urban and will require complex construction phasing to maintain traffic movements during construction. Other alternatives may be investigated within the FEIS right-of-way. The total length of this section is approximately 3,200 feet.
Tasks required include, but are not limited to: project management; scheduling; project status, design review and special purpose meetings; coordination with consultants involved in other design sections; public involvement; coordination with various agencies and special interest groups; mapping; field surveys; preparation of type, size and location plans; seismic analysis, structural foundation reports; interchange schematics; service roads; soils and geological investigations and engineering; signing; E&S/stormwater management; environmental tracking; defining environmental impacts; preparation of permit applications; development of environmental impact mitigation plans; roadway design; line and grade; typical sections; interchange geometrics; cross sections; drainage--hydraulic computations; contour grading and drainage plan; pavement design; pavement marking and delineator plans; roadside development plan; structural design; utility coordination; utility relocation design; lighting; noise barrier analysis; noise barrier design; traffic signal plans; traffic control plan; right-of-way plans; value engineering; assemble final bridge plans and roadway plans and final drafting; quantities; tabulations; construction cost estimates; special provisions; contract document preparation; and permits.
The Commission will consider the following factors during the evaluation of the statements of interest for this project:
a. Specialized experience and technical competence of prime consultant and subconsultants. The team must clearly demonstrate experience and competence on design of large-scale public works projects and multispan, high-level bridge projects.
b. Past record of performance with respect to cost control, work quality ability to meet schedules and previous experience on design projects. The consultant should identify similar projects that have been completed by that firm as the prime, the magnitude of the project and the client.
c. The specific experience and number of individuals who constitute the firm.
d. Location of consultant's office where the work will be performed.
e. Workload of the prime consultant and subconsultants for all Department of Transportation (Department) and Commission projects.
f. Other factors, if any, specific to the project.
Address these items and any necessary further details in a brief yet comprehensive manner in the statement of interest.
Firms expressing interest in this project must agree to ensure that Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms as defined in the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (act) and currently certified by the Department shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in any subcontracting or furnishing supplies or services approved under Form 442, Section 1.10(a). The act requires that firms owned and controlled by women (WBEs) be included, as a presumptive group, within the definition of ''DBE''. The goal of DBE participation in this contract will be 12%. Responding firms shall make good faith efforts to meet the DBE goal using DBEs (as they are defined prior to the act), WBEs or combinations thereof. Proposed DBE firms must be certified at the time of submission of the statement of interest. If the selected firm fails to meet the established goal, it shall be required to demonstrate its good faith efforts to attain the goal. If further information is desired concerning DBE/MBE/WBE participation, direct inquiries to the Contracts Administration Department at the following address or call (717) 939-9551, Ext. 4241.
Direct inquiries about this advertisement to P. Gregory Bednar, (724) 755-5182, email@example.com. Direct contractual questions to George M. Hatalowich, (717) 986-8737, firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Requirements and Information
Firms interested in providing the previous work and services are invited to submit a statement of interest with the required information for each reference number listed. The statements of interest must include the following:
1. One page transmittal letter clearly identifying the project reference number, brief description of the project from the advertisement, the firm's Federal identification number, the firm's legal name, contact person or project manager, address of corporate office and project office. If the firm has multiple offices, the location of the office performing the work must be identified.
2. A three page statement of interest on the advertised project. Each firm should demonstrate their ability to perform the specific requirements indicated for the project and provide explanation of the technical approach, stressing the team's has successfully completed similar type projects of the same magnitude.
3. An organization chart for the project, identifying key personnel and any subconsultants and their roles. Deviation from the subconsultant's listed in the statement of interest will require written approval from the Commission. The organization chart is not limited to an 8 1/2" x 11" page size.
4. Tabulation or listing of workload for the prime consultant and all subconsultants for all Department and Commission projects. Do not graphically represent the firm's workload.
5. A Consultant Qualification Package similar to the one submitted to the Department for the current year or one that is best suited for this project. A copy of the Consultant Qualification Package printed directly from the Department's ECMS website is acceptable.
The Consultant Qualification Package should contain at a minimum the following information for the prime consultant and all subconsultants and is to be attached to the back of the statement of interest (subs to follow primes). The Consultant Qualification Packages should be kept as brief as possible. Only include pertinent information as it relates to the following:
* ECMS General Information and Project Experience Forms or Standard Form (SF) 254--Architect-Engineer and Related Services Questionnaire, either not more than 1 year old as of the date of the advertisement.
* Resumes of key personnel expected to be involved in the project (limit to two 8 1/2 x 11 pages, per person). Only resumes of key personnel need to be included. Do not include resumes of all employees.
* Copy of the firm's registration to do business in this Commonwealth as provided by the Department of State for firms with out-of-State headquarters or corporations not incorporated in this Commonwealth.
* A copy of the Department's DBE/WBE Certification, if applicable.
If a joint venture responds to a project advertisement, the Commission will not accept separate statements of interest from joint venture constituents. A firm will not be permitted to submit a statement of interest on more than one joint venture for the same project reference number. Also, a firm that responds to a project as a prime may not be included as a designated subconsultant to another firm that responds to the same project advertisement. This does not preclude a firm from being set forth as a designated subconsultant to more than one prime consultant responding to the project advertisement.
Firms interested in performing the above services are invited to submit one copy of a statement of interest and required information to George M. Hatalowich, Engineering Contract Manager, Turnpike Commission Administration Building, 700 South Eisenhower Boulevard, Middletown, PA 17057 (street address). The Commission's mailing address is P. O. Box 67676, Harrisburg, PA 17106-7676.
The statement of interest and required information must be received by 12 p.m. on Friday, December 13, 2002. Statements of interest received after this date and time will be time-stamped and returned.
Based on an evaluation of acceptable statements of interest received in response to these solicitations, a minimum of three firms will be shortlisted for each project advertisement (reference number). Technical proposals will be requested from the shortlisted firms prior to the establishment of the final ranking. An order of preference will be established for the purpose of negotiating an agreement with the highest ranked firm established by the Technical Review Committee and approved by the Commission.
The Commission reserves the right to reject all statements of interest, to cancel solicitation requested under this notice and/or to readvertise solicitation for the work and services.
BRADLEY L. MALLORY,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 02-2129. Filed for public inspection November 22, 2002, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.