Availability of Technical Guidance
[35 Pa.B. 4143]
Technical guidance documents are on the Department of Environmental Protection's (Department) website: www.dep.state.pa.us (DEP Keyword: Participate). The ''Current Inventory'' heading is the Governor's list of nonregulatory guidance documents. The ''Final Documents'' heading is the link to a menu of the various Department bureaus and from there to each bureau's final technical guidance documents. The ''Draft Technical Guidance'' heading is the link to the Department's draft technical guidance documents.
The Department will continue to revise its nonregulatory documents, as necessary, throughout 2005.
Ordering Paper Copies of Department Technical Guidance
The Department encourages the use of the Internet to view guidance documents. When this option is not available, persons can order a bound paper copy of the latest inventory or an unbound paper copy of any of the final documents listed on the inventory by calling the Department at (717) 783-8727.
In addition, bound copies of some of the Department's documents are available as Department publications. Check with the appropriate bureau for more information about the availability of a particular document as a publication.
Changes to Technical Guidance Documents
Following is the current list of recent changes. Persons who have questions or comments about a particular document should call the contact person whose name and phone number is listed with each document.
Draft Technical Guidance--Substantive Revision
DEP ID: 383-2125-108. Title: Public Water Supply Manual--Part II Community System Design Standards. Description: This document has been revised to incorporate updates in the National design standards and because of new technology. Substantial revisions have been made as follows:
1. A section on preliminary hydrogeologic information was added to ''Procedures for Obtaining a Permit'' in Chapter I.
2. A new table on recommended water demand data was added to ''Sizing and Capacity'' in Chapter II.
3. A section on aquifer testing was added to ''Ground Water Sources'' in Chapter III.
4. The section on the hydrogeologic ''Report in Ground Water Sources'' in Chapter III was revised.
5. Sections on PVC well casing, radial water collectors and naturally flowing artesian wells were added to ''General Well Construction'' in Chapter III.
6. A section on chlorine dioxide was added to ''Disinfection'' in Chapter IV.
7. Weir loadings were added to ''Solids Contact Units'' in Chapter IV.
8. General design criteria were added to ''Tube or Plate Settlers'' in Chapter IV.
9. Sections on control appurtenances and turbidimeters were added to the filtration requirements in Chapter IV.
10. Sections on filtering material and air scouring in ''Rapid Rate Gravity Filters'' in Chapter IV were revised.
11. The section on recycling in ''Treatment Plant Wastes'' in Chapter IV was revised.
12. The sections on sodium hypochlorite and ammonia were added to ''Specific Chemicals'' in Chapter V.
13. The section on access in ''Design and Construction'' in Chapter VII has been revised.
Written Comments: Interested persons may submit written comments on this draft technical guidance document by August 22, 2005. Comments submitted by facsimile will not be accepted. Comments, including comments submitted by e-mail, must include the originator's name and address. Written comments should be submitted to Kevin McLeary, Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Water Standards and Facility Regulation, P. O. Box 8467, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8467, email@example.com. Effective Date: Upon pub- lication as final in the Pennsylvania Bulletin. Contact: Questions regarding the draft technical guidance document, including anyone wishing to review or receive further information, should write to the office listed previously or call (717) 772-4018.
KATHLEEN A. MCGINTY,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 05-1388. Filed for public inspection July 22, 2005, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.