Rules of Court; No. 98-8009 Prothonotary; No. 1-MD-2000 Clerk of Courts
[35 Pa.B. 5094]
And Now, this 23rd day of August, 2005, it is hereby Ordered and Decreed that the following local rule for Papers Presented By Persons Unauthorized By State Rules in the 23rd Judicial District composed of Berks County be, and the same is promulgated herewith, to become effective thirty days after the publication of the rule in the Pennsylvania Bulletin:
Rule 401.1 Papers Presented By Persons Unauthorized By State Rules
Any papers or documents that are submitted on behalf of an individual party by someone other than the party's attorney of record as defined by Pa.R.C.P. 76 or by the party pro se shall be accepted by the prothonotary or clerk of courts as a communication only and no further action shall be taken. Such papers will not be forwarded to the assigned judge for further consideration. A copy of the papers accepted will be sent to the party's attorney of record or the party if no attorney has entered an appearance for the party. The following notice shall be attached to the returned copies:
The attached papers were accepted on (date). These papers were not forwarded to the assigned judge due to the failure to comply with B.R.J.A. 401.1.
The Law Librarian of Berks County is Ordered and Directed to do the following:
1. File ten (10) certified copies of this Order with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts for distribution in accordance with Pa.R.J.A. 103(c);
2. File two (2) certified copies of this Order with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
3. File one (1) certified copy of this Order with the Civil Procedural Rules Committee of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania;
4. File one (1) certified copy of this Order with the Berks County Law Library; and
5. Have other, non-certified copies of this Order continually available for public inspection and copying.
By the Court
ARTHUR E. GRIM,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 05-1706. Filed for public inspection September 16, 2005, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.