Administrative Order for Amendment of Rule of Civil Procedure 205.2(a) Pertaining to Filing of Legal Papers With the Clerk of Courts; No. 2007-J-27
[37 Pa.B. 949]
[Saturday, February 24, 2007]
And Now, this 5th day of February, 2007, It Is Ordered that the following Lehigh County Rule of Civil Procedure 205.2(a) for Filing of Legal Papers with the Clerk of Courts be amended as hereinafter set forth, said amendment to become effective thirty (30) days after the posting of the rule on the UJS Web Portal.
The Court Administrator of Lehigh County is directed to:
1. File seven (7) certified copies of this Order with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts.
2. File two (2) certified copies and one disk copy with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. File one (1) certified copy with the Pennsylvania Civil Procedural Rules Committee.
4. File one (1) copy with the Clerk of Courts of the Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas.
5. Forward one (1) copy for publication in the Lehigh County Law Journal.
By the Court
ALAN M. BLACK,
RULE 205.2(a). Filing of Legal Papers with the Clerk of Courts
All pleadings and other documents submitted for filing with the Clerk of Courts shall conform with the following requirements:
1. The use of backers and/or toppers is prohibited.
2. All documents shall be fastened together by staples.
3. The text of original documents shall not be highlighted by the use of colored markers. Highlighting of text can be done by bolding or by using a different style and size of font.
4. All documents shall be single-sided and double-spaced, except that quotations, footnotes and exhibits may be single-spaced.
5. The font size of all documents shall be not less 12 points.
6. Paper shall be of good quality and shall not exceed 8-1/2" x 11" in size.
7. Attachments smaller than 8-1/2" x 11" shall be attached to regular size paper by using scotch tape.
8. All exhibits shall be identified as such on the bottom center of each document as well as by exhibit tabs.
9. All pages shall be numbered consecutively. The number shall appear at the bottom center position of each page.
10. All copies attached to documents shall be clear and legible.
11. All documents shall contain the following: (i) the correct caption of the case, including the names of the parties, the docket number, the division of the court, and the name of the assigned judge, if any; (ii) a title indicating the nature of the document; (iii) the name, address, telephone number, fax number and Supreme Court identification number of the attorney filing the document; and (iv) if the party filing the document is not an attorney, the name, address, telephone number of such party.
12. No document submitted for filing to the clerk of courts--civil shall disclose the social security number of any person, except as specifically authorized by court order.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 07-306. Filed for public inspection February 23, 2007, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.