In the Matter of the Adoption of a Local Court Rule for Setting Fee Schedule for Public Access of Official Case Records in the Magisterial District Courts; MD AD 2010 1890
[40 Pa.B. 6778]
[Saturday, November 27, 2010]
And Now, this 19th day of October, 2010, pursuant to the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Official Case Records of the Magisterial District Courts, adopted by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, effective July 1, 2010, it is hereby Ordered and Directed that the Magisterial District Courts within the Thirtieth Judicial District of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall utilize the following procedures to govern public access to the records of those courts:
(1) The price per page of photocopying/printing shall be $.25.
(2) There shall be a charge of $8.00 for each quarter hour associated with the preparation/copying and re-filing of court documents involving ''complex or voluminous'' requests.
(3) Pre-payment of estimated costs for services may be required at the discretion of the Magisterial District Judge.
(4) A Magisterial District Court may, in that Court's discretion, require that a request for ''complex or voluminous'' records be made in writing on a form provided by the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts.
(5) Magisterial District Courts shall have discretion to determine what is a ''complex or voluminous'' request as ''complex or voluminous'' may vary from Court to Court depending on factors including, but not limited to, the available Court resources at the time of the request.
(6) Fees paid for services are non-refundable, except any overpayments made as a result of estimated pre-payment required.
(7) Fees may be waived if the Magisterial District Judge determines that the requester is indigent.
(8) All fees received pursuant to this rule shall be remitted monthly to the Crawford County General Fund.
(9) This rule shall take effect thirty (30) days after it is published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
(10) The Prothonotary of Crawford County, pursuant to Pa.R.J.A. No. 103(c)(1), shall provide ten (10) certified copies of this Order to the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts so that office may then make distribution consistent with Pa.R.J.A. No. 103(c)(2).
By the Court
ANTHONY J. VARDARO,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 10-2260. Filed for public inspection November 24, 2010, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.