[42 Pa.B. 3561]
[Saturday, June 23, 2012]
PART I. GOVERNOR'S OFFICE
[ 4 PA. CODE CHS. 5 AND 6 ]
[ EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2012-08 ]
Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs
April 30, 2012
Whereas, African Americans in Pennsylvania make unique, diverse and valuable contributions to the culture, society and economy of Pennsylvania, which have a beneficial impact on life in the commonwealth; and
Whereas, the commonwealth is committed to providing equality and opportunity for all its citizens and increasing access for African Americans to civic, economic, and educational opportunities in Pennsylvania; and
Whereas, it will benefit the commonwealth to define and address the unique contributions, needs and concerns of the African American community, in order to improve the lives of all Pennsylvanians.
Now, Therefore, I, Tom Corbett, Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and other laws, do hereby reestablish, in the Office of the Governor, the Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs as the commonwealth's advocate agency for its African American citizens.
Fiscal Note: 2012-08. No fiscal impact; (8) recommends adoption.
TITLE 4. ADMINISTRATION
PART I. GOVERNOR'S OFFICE
CHAPTER 5. COUNCILS AND COMMITTEES
Subchapter YY. (Reserved)
CHAPTER 6. ADDITIONAL COUNCILS AND COMMITTEES
Subchapter PP. GOVERNOR'S ADVISORY COMMISSION ON AFRICAN AMERICAN AFFAIRS
6.511. Functions. 6.512. Composition. 6.513. Terms of membership. 6.514. Compensation. 6.515. Relationship with other agencies. 6.516. Reports. 6.517. Procedures. 6.518. Effective date. 6.519. Rescission.
§ 6.511. Functions.
The Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs shall:
(1) Advise the Governor on policies, procedures, legislation and regulations that impact the African American community.
(2) Develop, review and recommend to the Governor policies in the areas of health and human services, housing, education, employment, business formation and other relevant areas which impact the African American community.
(3) Provide appropriate assistance and advice to the Pennsylvania Minority Business Development Authority and work with the Bureau of Equal Employment Opportunity within the Office of Human Resources Management in the Governor's Office of Administration to strengthen the enforcement of the Commonwealth's antidiscriminatory hiring, retention and promotion policies.
(4) Serve as a liaison to Federal, State and local agencies to ensure that programs impacting African Americans are effectively utilized.
(5) Serve as a resource for community groups and provide forums for developing strategies and programs that will expand and enhance the civic, social, educational, cultural and economic status of the African American community.
(6) Identify programs, scholarships, mentoring programs, sources of funding or other resources and compliance requirements for the benefit and advancement of African Americans.
(7) Promote the cultural arts of the African American community throughout this Commonwealth.
§ 6.512. Composition.
(a) The Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs (Commission) shall consist of no more than 20 members appointed by the Governor who are representatives of the African American community in this Commonwealth or others who have an interest in the success of the African American community and provide value to the Commission.
(b) The Governor will designate one Commission member or the Executive Director of the Commission to serve as chairperson of the Commission. The Governor may designate one Commission member or the Executive Director of the Commission to serve as the vice-chairperson. The chairperson and vice-chairperson serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(c) The Governor will appoint an Executive Director of the Commission who serves at the pleasure of the Governor and who may be a member of the Commission.
§ 6.513. Terms of membership.
(a) Members will be appointed for terms of 2 years and continue to serve until successors are appointed. A member may be reappointed for one or more additional terms. Members serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(b) If a vacancy occurs on the Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs (Commission), the Governor will appoint a successor. The successor will be appointed for a full 2-year term. A successor may be reappointed for one or more additional terms.
(c) A member who is absent from two consecutive meetings, without excuse, shall forfeit membership on the Commission.
§ 6.514. Compensation.
Members of the Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs will not receive compensation for their service except that members may be reimbursed for travel in accordance with Commonwealth policy. See Chapter 40 (relating to travel and subsistence).
§ 6.515. Relationship with other agencies.
Agencies under the Governor's jurisdiction shall cooperate with and provide assistance and support as needed by the Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs to carry out its functions effectively.
§ 6.516. Reports.
The Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs shall submit reports to the Governor or the Governor's designee, as it deems necessary, on issues affecting African Americans in this Commonwealth.
§ 6.517. Procedures.
(a) The Governor's Advisory Commission on African American Affairs (Commission) is authorized to establish subcommittees, rules and procedures for the effective implementation of its functions, consistent with this subchapter. Subcommittees may include advisory nonmembers if approved by the Commission chairperson.
(b) A majority of the Commissioners serving at any time constitutes a quorum.
§ 6.518. Effective date.
This subchapter takes effect immediately and remains in effect unless revised or rescinded by the Governor.
§ 6.519. Rescission.
Executive Order 2003-7 is rescinded.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 12-1145. Filed for public inspection June 22, 2012, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.