Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program Opportunity
[43 Pa.B. 2947]
[Saturday, May 25, 2013]
The Department of Environmental Protection (Department), Office of Pollution Prevention and Energy Assistance, Bureau of Energy, Innovations and Technology Deployment announces an opportunity to apply for grants under the Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program to improve this Commonwealth's air quality and reduce consumption of imported oil through the use of homegrown alternative fuels that will help the economy and environment in this Commonwealth. The Department is seeking applications for innovative, advanced fuel and vehicle technology projects resulting in cleaner advanced alternative transportation within this Commonwealth.
Approximately $10 million in grants will be available for school districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships incorporated or registered in this Commonwealth to retrofit vehicles to operate on alternative fuels or support next-phase advanced research, development and training related to alternative fuels and alternative fuel vehicles.
The grant funds available will include an opportunity to propose projects which will convert or purchase natural gas vehicles weighing less than 14,000 pounds as well as convert or purchase electric, propane or other alternative fuel vehicles of any size.
As with the recent Act 13 Natural Gas Vehicle Deployment Program, applicants interested in purchasing or converting one or two alternative fuel vehicles will be encouraged to aggregate into a single application to satisfy the five-vehicle minimum required for application.
Key elements of the purchase or conversion to alternative fuel vehicles are as follows:
• Each project must propose to receive funding for five or more eligible vehicles.
• The vehicles utilizing incremental purchase or retrofit cost funding must be registered in this Commonwealth.
• Each grant will cover no more than 50% of the incremental purchase or retrofit cost of eligible vehicles.
• Grants will not provide more than $25,000 for each eligible vehicle.
• Eligible vehicles include purchased or retrofitted new and used vehicles.
• Grantees may not receive incremental costs for a vehicle purchased or retrofitted prior to September 1, 2013.
• Grant funds awarded under this program may not be used in place of available Federal funds.
• Project must be completed within the grant period of performance which will end June 30, 2015.
The program guidelines and application instructions are available on the Department web site at http://www.depweb.state.pa.us (click on ''DEP Programs'' and then ''Alternative Fuels''). Applications will be accepted online through the eGrants system. Visit https://www.grants.dcnr.state.pa.us/ (click on ''Find a Grant'' scroll down to ''AFIG'' and click ''Apply for this grant'').
The application period will open on Saturday, May 25, 2013. Applications must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, July 26, 2013. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
E. CHRISTOPHER ABRUZZO,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 13-959. Filed for public inspection May 24, 2013, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.