Residual Waste General Permit WMGR081
[44 Pa.B. 2810]
[Saturday, May 10, 2014]
Permit Amended Under the Solid Waste Management Act (35 P. S. §§ 6018.101—6018.1003); the Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act (53 P. S. §§ 4000.101—4000.1904); and Residual Waste Regulations for a General Permit to Operate Residual Waste Processing Facilities and the Beneficial Use of Residual Waste other than Coal Ash.
Central Office: Division of Municipal and Residual Waste, Rachel Carson State Office Building, 14th Floor, 400 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17106-9170.
General Permit Number WMGR081. General Permit Number WMGR081 authorizes processing of electronic waste by sorting, disassembling, mechanical processing (by sizing, shaping, separating and volume reduction only) and associated storage.
The Department of Environmental Protection (Department) modified General Permit Number WMGR081 on April 21, 2014. These modifications include:
1. Inclusion of certification requirements under the Covered Device Recycling Act (35 P. S. §§ 6031.101—6031.702).
2. Flexibility in permitting for small volume waste electronic device disassembly facilities.
3. A transfer of authority from the Department's Central Office to the regional offices to review the determination of applicability.
4. Clarification that General Permit Number WMGR081 can cover electronic waste transfer facilities.
5. Addition of definitions for ''temporary collection event'' and ''commercial or municipal collection site'' and clarification that General Permit Number WMGR081 does not apply to those activities.
6. Expansion of the list of devices that can be managed to include air conditioners and other refrigerant-containing devices, provided all certification and other requirements in 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F (relating to recycling and emissions reduction) are met.
Persons interested in reviewing the general permit may contact Scott E. Walters, Chief, Permits Section, Division of Municipal and Residual Waste, Bureau of Waste Management, P. O. Box 69170, Harrisburg, PA 17106-9170, (717) 787-7381. TDD users may contact the Department through the Pennsylvania AT&T Relay Service (800) 654-5984.
E. CHRISTOPHER ABRUZZO,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 14-989. Filed for public inspection May 9, 2014, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.