Pennsylvania Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program; Availability of Rebates
[46 Pa.B. 3328]
[Saturday, June 25, 2016]
The Department of Environmental Protection (Department) announces the continued availability of grants to Commonwealth residents under the Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Program (Program). The Program, administered by the Department through the Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program, provides rebates to Commonwealth residents to assist individuals with the incremental costs of purchasing an alternative fuel vehicle.
To qualify for the rebate, the alternative fuel vehicle must be registered in this Commonwealth and be operated primarily within this Commonwealth. The rebate will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis in the order in which they are received. Rebate request forms and required documentation must be submitted to the Department no later than 6 months after the vehicle is purchased.
The following rebates are offered:
• $2,000 rebate for a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh) or battery electric vehicle (EV) (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh); does not include electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV or low speed electric vehicle.
• $1,000 rebate for a PHEV or EV (battery system capacity less than 10 kWh); does not include electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV or low speed electric vehicle.
• $1,000 rebate for a natural gas fueled vehicle; original equipment manufacturer (OEM)/certified retrofit only.
• $1,000 rebate for a propane fueled vehicle; OEM/certified retrofit only.
• $1,000 rebate for a hydrogen or fuel cell vehicle, or both.
• $500 rebate for an electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV or other low speed electric vehicle if registered in this Commonwealth.
There are only a limited number of rebates available at $2,000. The rebate program offered will be reassessed upon payment of the first 250 rebates at $2,000 or December 31, 2016, whichever occurs first. The Department encourages interested applicants to visit the Department's web site at www.dep.pa.gov for rebate forms and an up-to-date listing of rebate availability (select ''Citizens,'' then ''Grants, Loans and Rebates,'' then ''Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant,'' then ''Alternative Fuel Vehicles'').
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-1077. Filed for public inspection June 24, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.