Authorization of Wheelchair Accessible Taxicab Medallions; Doc. No. 16-001
[46 Pa.B. 3776]
[Saturday, July 9, 2016]
By the Authority:
The Philadelphia Parking Authority (the ''Authority''), regulates all taxicab and limousine service in the City of Philadelphia (the ''City'').1 The purpose of this Order is to authorize the sale of new taxicab medallions.2
It Is Ordered That:
1. The Director of the Authority's Taxicab and Limousine Division (''TLD''), or his designee (the ''Director''), is authorized to administer the sale of 41 new Philadelphia taxicab medallions currently authorized by the Act.
2. Each of the 41 medallions authorized for sale by this Order is hereby designated a WAV medallion, in perpetuity.
3. Each of the medallions authorized for sale by this Order will be identified by the letters ''WP'' (Wheelchair Philadelphia), which shall precede the unique number assigned to the medallion.
4. Each medallion authorized by this Order will be sold separately by sealed competitive bid, as provided by the Authority's regulations.
5. Each sealed bid3 for a medallion must be filed with the TLD Clerk, by hand delivery, at the TLD's headquarters at 2415 South Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
6. In order to be considered filed, a medallion bid must be time stamped by the TLD's Clerk.
7. The Clerk may only time stamp a medallion bid as follows:
a) Between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on the business day preceding the date of the scheduled medallion sale; or
b) Between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on the day of the scheduled medallion sale.
8. The upset price for each medallion will be $10,000. The Board does not set this minimum bid based upon an understanding of fair market value, but as a basis to permit the market to set the appropriate value of this new class of medallion and to speed the introduction of this vital form of transportation service.
9. The Director may, in his discretion, remove any medallion from a scheduled bid opening date. In this case, the sale of that medallion will be rescheduled for sale as provided in this Order.
10. The Director may, in his discretion, remove any medallion from a scheduled bid opening date and place the medallion before this Board for a new sale authorization, pursuant to such terms and conditions as the Board may then impose.
11. The sealed bids for the medallions will be opened by the Director at the TLD's headquarters at 10:00 a.m. at 2415 South Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 as follows:
a) On October 5, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1622, WP-1623, WP-1626, WP-1628, WP-1632, WP-1633 and WP-1634.
b) On October 12, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1635, WP-1636, WP-1637, WP-1638, WP-1639, WP-1640 and WP-1641.
c) On October 19, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1642, WP-1643, WP-1644, WP-1647, WP-1648 and WP-1649.
d) On October 26, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1651, WP-1652, WP-1653, WP-1654, WP-1655 and WP-1656.
e) On November 2, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1657, WP-1658, WP-1659, WP-1660 and WP-1661.
f) On November 10, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1662, WP-1663, WP-1664, WP-1665, WP-1666 and WP-1667.
g) On November 16, 2016: Medallion Nos. WP-1668, WP-1669, WP-1670, and WP-1671.
12. Medallions scheduled for bid in October, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale on November 30, 2016.
13. Medallions scheduled for bid in November, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale on December 7, 2016.
14. Upon removal of a medallion from a scheduled bid date, the Director shall promptly identify the alternate bid date that will apply to that medallion as provided for in this Order on the Authority's Internet website and through a notice published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
15. The mandatory closing date for every medallion assigned to a successful bidder is 60 days from the date of the successful bid, unless extended by the Director for good cause. The Director may not extend the closing date beyond 40 days from the mandatory closing date. In the event the closing on the sale of a medallion authorized by this Order does not occur within 100 days of the successful bid, this authorization to sell that medallion is voided pending further order of the Board.
16. The contact person for this Order is James R. Ney, Director, Taxicab and Limousine Division, (215)-683-9417.
17. The Executive Director shall cause this Order to be deposited with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
VINCENT J. FENERTY, Jr.,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-1193. Filed for public inspection July 8, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
1 See 53 Pa.C.S. § 5701 et seq., as amended, (the ''Act'').
2 See 53 Pa.C.S. §§ 5711(c)(2) and 5717(a).
3 See 53 Pa. Code § 1013.35.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.