Changes to the Medical Assistance Fee Schedule for the Aging, COMMCARE, Independence and OBRA Waivers
[46 Pa.B. 5649]
[Saturday, August 27, 2016]
This notice announces the Department of Human Services (Department) proposed changes to the Medical Assistance (MA) fee schedule for the Aging, COMMCARE, Independence and OBRA waivers effective October 1, 2016.
Removal of Waiver Services
The Department proposes to remove the following waiver services from the MA fee schedule for the Aging, COMMCARE, Independence and OBRA waivers:
1. Aging waiver—Enrollment
2. COMMCARE waiver—Prevocational Services and Supported Employment
3. Independence waiver—Supported Employment
4. OBRA waiver—Prevocational Services and Supported Employment
Addition of Waiver Services
Under 55 Pa. Code § 52.45(a) and (b) (relating to fee schedule rates), the Department proposes to add the following services to the MA fee schedule for the COMMCARE, Independence and OBRA waivers:
1. COMMCARE waiver—Benefits Counseling, Career Assessment, Employment Skills Development, Job Coaching Intensive and Follow-along and Job Finding.
2. Independence waiver—Benefits Counseling, Career Assessment, Employment Skills Development, Job Coaching Intensive and Follow-along and Job Finding.
3. OBRA waiver—Benefits Counseling, Career Assessment, Employment Skills Development, Job Coaching Intensive and Follow-along and Job Finding.
The Department developed MA fee schedule rates for the additional services added to the COMMCARE, Independence and OBRA waivers using a standardized market-based rate setting methodology. Relevant market-based information used to determine the fee schedule rates included Commonwealth-specific wage information from the Center for Workforce Information and Analysis, Occupational Wages by County, Bureau of Labor Statistics Employer Costs, cost surveys from providers, Medicare rate information and MA State Plan Fee Schedules.
The proposed MA fee schedule rates are available on the Department's web site at http://www.dhs.pa.gov/provider/longtermcareprov/ or by contacting April Leon-hard, Department of Human Services, Office of Long-Term Living at (717) 783-8412.
The estimated fiscal impact of this change is $2.691 million ($1.288 million in State funds) for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
Interested persons are invited to submit written comments regarding this notice and the proposed MA fee schedule rates to the Department of Human Services, Office of Long-Term Living, Bureau of Policy and Regulatory Management, Attention: HCBS Rates, P.O. Box 8025, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8025. Comments can also be sent to RAfirstname.lastname@example.org. This notice is available in alternate format and paper copy upon request by calling (717) 783-8412. Comments received within 30 days will be reviewed and considered for any subsequent revision of the notice.
Persons with a disability who require an auxiliary aid or service may submit comments using the Pennsylvania AT&T Relay Service at (800) 654-5984 (TDD users) or (800) 654-5988 (voice users).
Fiscal Note: 14-NOT-1053. (1) General Fund;
(7) Services to Persons with Disabilities; (2) Implementing Year 2016-17 is $1,554,000; (3) 1st Succeeding Year 2017-18 through 5th Succeeding Year 2021-22 are $2,372,000; (4) 2015-16 Program—$339,077,000; 2014-15 Program—$273,538,000; 2013-14 Program—$233,104,000;
(7) Home and Community-Based Services; (2) Implementing Year 2016-17 is -$266,000; (3) 1st Succeeding Year 2017-18 through 5th Succeeding Year 2021-22 are -$399,000; (4) 2015-16 Program—$261,945,000; 2014-15 Program—$132,951,000; 2013-14 Program—$225,008,000;
(8) recommends adoption. Funds have been included in the budget to cover this increase.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-1501. Filed for public inspection August 26, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.