Local Rule—NCV-227.3; No. AD-2016-6
[46 Pa.B. 7533]
[Saturday, December 3, 2016]
And Now, this 28th day of October, 2016, it is hereby Ordered that, effective January 1, 2017, Northumberland County Local Rule 227.3 is hereby Amended, to implement the local rule requirements set forth in Pa.R.J.A. Nos. 4007—4009.
The Northumberland County District Court Administrator is directed as follows:
(1) File one (1) copy of the Administrative Order with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts.
(2) Two (2) copies and CD-ROM of the Administrative Order shall be distributed to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
(3) One certified copy shall be sent to the Northumberland County Law Library and the Editor of the Northumberland County Legal Journal.
(4) Publish a copy of the Administrative Order on the web site of Northumberland County.
(5) Thereafter, compile the Administrative Order within the complete set of local rules no later than 30 days following the publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
It is further Ordered that a copy shall be kept continuously available for public inspection and copying in the office of the Prothonotary of Northumberland County.
By the Court
CHARLES H. SAYLOR,
Rule NCV 227.3. Court Reporting and Transcripts of Testimony.
This local rule covers the making, preserving, transcribing, fees and requests for transcripts of the record of proceedings in Northumberland County:
(A) Pursuant to Pa.R.J.A. No. 4007, for an ordinary transcript, the party requesting a full or partial transcript of a trial or other proceeding shall file the original written request with the Office of the District Court Administrator. A transcript request form is available in the District Court Administrator's office.
(B) A party ordering a transcript shall make partial payment of one-half of the estimated cost. All checks are to be made payable to ''County of Northumberland'', and delivered to the Office of the District Court Administrator. The requesting party shall serve copies of the request upon opposing counsel or party, if party is unrepresented.
(C) Pursuant to Pa.R.J.A. No. 4008, the costs payable by a requesting party, other than the Commonwealth or a subdivision thereof, for a transcript in an electronic format shall be as follows:
(1) For an ordinary transcript, $2.50 per page;
(2) For an expedited transcript, $3.50 per page;
(3) For a daily transcript, $4.50 per page;
(4) For same day delivery, $6.50 per page.
(D) Where the Commonwealth or a subdivision thereof is liable for the cost of a transcript in an electronic format, the court reporter shall be paid $2.00 per page for the original transcript.
(E) The trial judge may impose a reasonable surcharge in cases such as medical malpractice or other unusually complex litigation.
(F) The fees set forth herein are the maximum costs that may be charged to litigants or the public. Court reporting fees will be distributed by the District Court Administrator to the court reporter who transcribed the notes of testimony.
(G) Transcript costs subject to waiver under Pa.R.J.A. No. 4008(B) shall be reviewed by the District Court Administrator upon written request by the party making the claim for such waiver.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-2072. Filed for public inspection December 2, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.