Environmental Justice Listening Sessions; Updated Locations
[47 Pa.B. 2832]
[Saturday, May 13, 2017]
The Department of Environmental Protection (Department) and the Office of Environmental Justice updated the Chester and Philadelphia locations of the Environmental Justice listening sessions to be held on May 23, 2017, and May 25, 2017, respectively. Individuals providing verbal testimony at the listening sessions will be limited to 5 minutes for each witness and will be recorded by a court stenographer. Witnesses are asked to submit one written copy of their verbal testimony. Organizations are asked to designate one witness to present testimony on their behalf at each listening session.
Specifically, the Department is soliciting input on the following questions:
• What environmental justice concerns are most pressing in your community?
• Do you feel that the current definition of an environmental justice community (20% poverty or 30% minority, or both) properly represents the needs of your community and the Commonwealth at large?
• Do you feel the Department is engaged with marginalized communities to ensure that they have a voice in the decision-making process? How can the Department be more engaged with these communities?
• What tools have you used to find out information on the Department permitting/enforcement actions?
• What ways can the Department be more effective at sharing information with the public?
• How can the Department be more effective at receiving public input?
• What resource is your community lacking that the Department can provide that would assist in efforts to ensure environmental equity?
• What additional steps can be taken by the Department to effectively reach out to these vulnerable communities to ensure that their concerns are taken into consideration?
The revised listening session locations are as follows:
May 23, 2017
5 p.m.—7 p.m.
Chester City Hall
1 Fourth Street
Chester, PA 19013
May 25, 2017
4 p.m.—6 p.m.
Fairmount Water Works
640 Water Works Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Questions concerning the comment period and listening sessions can be directed to the Department's Office of Environmental Justice at (484) 250-5942. For more information about Environmental Justice in this Commonwealth or the listening sessions, visit the Department's web site at www.dep.pa.gov (Keyword: Environmental Justice).
Persons in need of accommodations as provided for in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 should contact the Department at (484) 250-5818, or through the Pennsylvania AT&T Relay Service at (800) 654-5984 (TDD users) or (800) 654-5988 (voice users) to discuss how the Department may accommodate their needs.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-823. Filed for public inspection May 12, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.