Local Rule 4009; Doc. No. MD-411-2016
[47 Pa.B. 309]
[Saturday, January 21, 2017]
And Now, this 29th day of December, 2016, the Court hereby adopts Delaware County Local Rule of Judicial Administration 4009—Court Reporting and Transcripts—Fees and Procedures. This Local Rule shall become effective on January 1, 2017.
Rule *4009. Court Reporting and Transcripts. Fees and Procedures.
(A) Transcript Costs
(1) The costs payable by a requesting party, other than the Commonwealth or a subdivision thereof, for a transcript in an electronic format shall not exceed:
a. For an ordinary transcript, $2.50 per page;
b. For an expedited transcript, $3.50 per page;
c. For a Daily transcript, $4.50 per page.
(2) When the transcript is prepared in bound paper format, the costs shall be in accordance with paragraph (1) relating to electronic format plus a surcharge of $0.25 per page.
(3) Copies of Transcript: A request for a copy of any transcript previously ordered, transcribed and filed of record shall be provided according to the following schedule:
a. $0.75 per page bound, paper format; and
b. $0.50 per page electronic copy.
(B) Requests for Transcripts Procedure
(1) All Requests for Transcripts shall be set forth on the State Standardized Form and the party requesting a full or partial transcript of a trial or other proceeding shall file the original request with the Electronic Recording Center.
(2) When a litigant requests a transcript,
a. The litigant ordering the transcript shall make a 50% deposit of the estimated cost and make payment at the Court Financial Office.
b. The Electronic Recording Center shall order the Transcription upon receiving a copy of the receipt from Court Financial Office that the deposit was made.
c. The Electronic Recording Center shall notify the ordering party of the completion of the transcript. Payment of the remaining balance must be made at the Court Financial Office.
(C) Economic Hardship. Procedures for Requesting a Full or partial Fee Waiver for Transcript Costs Due to Economic Hardship.
(1) Transcript costs for ordinary transcripts in matters under appeal or where the transcript is necessary to advance the litigation shall be waived for a litigant who has been permitted by the Court to proceed in forma pauperis. Litigants who have been approved for representation by Legal Aid Services are not required to prove economic hardship. Legal Aid clients shall be entitled to obtain ordinary transcripts at no cost. However, they must provide Court Services with a letter of certification from Legal Aid Services that the litigant meets financial eligibility and that the matter is under appeal or that the transcript being requested is necessary to advance the current litigation.
By the Court
CHAD F. KENNEY,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-99. Filed for public inspection January 20, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.