Public Access to Case Records in the Court of Common Pleas; No. 2017-1
[47 Pa.B. 7209]
[Saturday, November 25, 2017]
And Now, this 27th day of October, 2017, it is hereby Ordered, Adjudged, and Decreed that Washington County Local Rules of Judicial Administration 3000 and 3001 are adopted, effective January 5, 2018, and shall be effective for all appropriate legal papers and pleadings filed thereafter. It is further Ordered that Washington County Local Rule of Civil Procedure 510 is rescinded, effective January 5, 2018.
This Order shall be processed in accordance with Pa.R.J.A. 103(b). The District Court Administrator is directed to do the following:
1. Publish the local rules on the Court's website to be incorporated into the set of local rules on the website within 30 days after the publication of the local rules in Pennsylvania Bulletin.
2. File one (1) copy of the local rules in the appropriate filing offices for public inspection and copying.
3. Cause a copy hereof to be published in the Washington County Bar Journal once a week for two successive weeks at the expense of the County of Washington.
By the Court
KATHERINE B. EMERY,
RULE OF JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATION
ACCESS TO CASE RECORDS
Rule 3000. Public Access Policy. Case Records. Court of Common Pleas.
(a) Scope. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has adopted a policy governing public access to Unified Judicial System case records in the courts of common pleas, entitled Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts. The policy may be accessed at www.pacourts.us, www.washingtoncourts.us, in the office of the District Court Administrator, and in the office of the applicable custodian.
(b) Redaction. Pursuant to Section 7.0, Subsection C of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts, persons who file a pleading, exhibit, or other document that contains confidential information as defined by the policy shall file with the applicable custodian two versions of any pleading, exhibit, or other document, a redacted version and an unredacted version.
(c) Certification of Compliance. A party, or their attorney, shall attach a certification to each filing to attest to their compliance with this policy. The certification shall be substantially in the following form:
I certify that this filing complies with the provisions of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts that require filing confidential information and documents differently than non-confidential information and documents.
Date: ______ Signature: ______
(d) Fee Schedule. Unless otherwise provided by applicable authority, the fees for duplication by photocopying, or printing from electronic media or microfilm, shall not exceed $0.25 per page. The custodian of the case record may institute a reasonable surcharge beyond the per page fee for records that are produced by request on a disc or other storage media.
(1) The court shall approve the fee schedule for any custodian pursuant to the Policy by administrative order.
(2) The custodian shall post the approved fee schedule in an area accessible to the public in his or her office and at www.washingtoncourts.us.
Rule 3001. Public Access of Official Case Records in the Magisterial District Courts.
(1) Unless otherwise provided by applicable authority, the fees for duplication by photocopying or an alternative method shall not exceed $0.25 per page.
(2) The magisterial district court shall remit all fees collected pursuant to this rule to the County of Washington.
(3) The magisterial district court may waive the fees if it determines that the requestor is indigent.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-1942. Filed for public inspection November 22, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.