Public Access Policy; Administrative Order No. 4 of 2017; Doc. No. 2017-00002
[47 Pa.B. 7842]
[Saturday, December 30, 2017]
Order of Court
And Now, December 1, 2017, in compliance with Section 7 of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania, it is Hereby Ordered that the Court adopts the following Rule of Judicial Administration Rule 101 regarding public access to confidential information which becomes effective January 6, 2018.
The District Court Administrator is Hereby Ordered to:
1. File one certified copy of this Order with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts to firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. Submit two paper copies of this Order to the Legislative Reference Bureau and one electronic copy in Microsoft Word format only to email@example.com for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
3. Provide one copy of this Order to the members of the Lebanon County Bar Association;
4. Incorporate the Rule into the set of Local Rules within thirty (30) days of publication of the Local Rule in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and publish the rules on the Court's website at www.lebcounty.org.
5. File this Order in the Prothonotary's Office of Lebanon County.
Rule of Judicial Administration 101. Confidential Information. Public Access Policy for the Court of Common Pleas.
In Lebanon County, the following information is confidential and shall not be included in any document filed with a Court or custodian, except on a Confidential Information Form filed contemporaneously with the document:
1. Social Security Numbers;
2. Financial Account Numbers, except an active financial account number may be identified by the last four (4) digits when the financial account is the subject of the case and cannot otherwise be identified;
3. Driver License Numbers;
4. State Identification (SID) Numbers;
5. Minors' names and dates of birth except when a minor is charged as a defendant in a criminal matter (see 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 6355); and
6. Abuse victim's address and other contact information, including employer's name, address and work schedule, in family court actions as defined by Pa.R.C.P. No. 1931(a), except for victim's name.
This section is not applicable to cases that are sealed or exempted from public access pursuant to applicable authority.
Parties and their attorneys shall be solely responsible for complying with the provisions of this section and shall certify their compliance to the Court. The certification that shall accompany each filing shall be substantially in the following form: ''I certify that this filing complies with the provisions of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts that require filing confidential information and documents differently than non-confidential information and documents.''
Failure to comply with the requirements of the Public Access Policy may result in the matter being before the Court for hearing or sanctions.
The Confidential Information Form is available at www.lebcounty.org, www.pacourts.us or in the filing office. Additional forms including but not limited to the following:
• Confidential Document Form
• Abuse Victim Addendum
• Request for Clerical Error Correction
are available at www.pacourts.us/public-records.
By the Court
JOHN C. TYLWALK,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-2166. Filed for public inspection December 29, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.