Title 255—LOCAL COURT RULES
Local Rule of Criminal Procedure L.R. 117; No. CP-04-AD-91-2019
[49 Pa.B. 5210]
[Saturday, September 7, 2019]
It is hereby Ordered and Directed that Local Rule of Criminal Procedure L.R. 117 be amended as follows:
LOCAL RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
Deleted text is bold and bracketed. New text is bold and underlined.
Rule 117. Coverage Magisterial District Judges.
(1) All Magisterial District Judge Offices shall be open for regular business on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. prevailing time.
(2) Magisterial District Judges shall be available 24 hours per day, every day of the calendar year to provide continuous coverage for the issuance of warrants, pursuant to Pa.R.Crim.P. 203; arrest warrants pursuant to Pa.R.Crim.P. 513; requests to accept bail and to issue emergency orders under the Protection from Abuse Act. The Magisterial District Judges shall satisfy this rule by remaining on-call during non-regular business hours on a rotating basis pursuant to a schedule prepared by the Court Administrator. The schedule shall be distributed and publicized pursuant to past practice.
(3) Magisterial District Judges shall be available during non-regular business hours each day at [7:30 A.M., 2:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M.] 8:30 A.M. and 8:30 P.M. for the purpose of providing the services set forth in Pa.R.Crim.P. 117(A)(2)(a), (b), (c) and (d). The availability of each Magisterial District Judge shall be on a rotating basis pursuant to the same schedule proposed pursuant to subdivision (2) and shall be publicized pursuant to past practice.
(4) Magisterial District Judges shall be available during regular business hours for all other business.
(5) Each Magisterial District Judges shall be available to preside over preliminary hearings at the Beaver County Courthouse, or such other location that may be established for ''Central Court'', on a rotating basis pursuant to a schedule prepared by the Court Administrator.
The Beaver County District Court Administrator is Directed to:
1. file one (1) copy of the Local Rules with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. file two (2) paper copies and one (1) electronic copy of the Local Rules in a Microsoft Word format only to email@example.com with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. publish the Local Rules on the Court of Common Pleas of Beaver County website at http://www.beavercountypa.gov/Depts/Courts.
4. incorporate the Local Rules into the Local Rules of this Court within thirty (30) days after publication of the Local Rules in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
5. file one (1) copy of the Local Rules in all appropriate filing offices and the Beaver County Law Library for public inspection and copying.
Said Amendments to the Local Rules of Judicial Administration shall be effective thirty (30) days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and upon publication on the Beaver County website.
By the Court
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 19-1360. Filed for public inspection September 6, 2019, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.