CAPITOL PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
Request for Proposals
[49 Pa.B. 6544]
[Saturday, November 2, 2019]
CPC 19.168: Moving of Civil War Battle Flags. The Capitol Preservation Committee (Committee) is the steward of the Commonwealth's historic Civil War battle flag collection. Recently the Committee established a new repository for the collection. The Civil War flags must be relocated to the new repository.
The purpose of this request is to enable the safe transfer of the Civil War battle flags from 10th and Market Streets, Harrisburg, PA to the new flag facility located at 2221 Forster Street, Harrisburg, PA.
General Scope of Work
• All the labor.
• All material.
• All protection.
• The work must be so sequenced, arranged and scheduled that the occupants/contractors of the surrounding offices/property and areas above, below and adjacent to the project sites can continue to occupy the facilities and maintain work access and operations during the project. The contractor shall coordinate with other concurrent projects at the buildings and coordinate activities.
• Contractor must make provisions for refuse material removal each day work is performed.
• Need to coordinate construction activities including delivery access and parking with Federal Surplus Building Management.
• Documentation: Documentation shall be submitted in electronic format (docx, pdf and tiff will be required) and keyed to the accession number of each flag. All documentation shall become the sole property of the Committee, whether written, pictorial, graphic or otherwise.
• Expertise: Defined as a Fellow member in good standing of the American Institute for Conservation and having relevant experience in handling, packing (crating) and transporting historic textiles of the same or similar nature as the historic Civil War battle flags.
• Provide for museum quality, secure transportation of the Civil War battle flags, in accordance with American Alliance of Museums standards.
• Inventory and index (identify) each flag according to existing rolling flag rack location and placement/position.
• Document the existing condition of each flag prior to packaging, to enable assessment upon delivery to the new facility.
• Moving of the current existing rolling flag racks including covers and accessory items.
• All proposers shall attend the preproposal meeting.
Schedule for Completion
All work associated with this purchase order shall be completed no later than April 10, 2020.
Proposal Release Date
The proposal release date is October 26, 2019.
Preproposal Walk Through
A preproposal walk through will be held on November 6, 2019, at 10 a.m. The preproposal walk through will begin at the 10th and Market Street facility in Harrisburg, PA and will take place for approximately 45 minutes. Then the group will travel to the new facility (individuals must provide their own transportation) at 2221 Forster Street, Harrisburg, PA. Individuals will review the new storage facility along with the receiving dock. The Committee expects this site walk through to take approximately 45 minutes.
Proposal Receipt Date
The proposal receipt date is November 20, 2019, at 2 p.m. All proposals must remain firm for 60 calendar days from the date that the proposal is opened.
Contact Tara Pyle at email@example.com for more information. A $25 deposit will be required for the documents.
DAVID L. CRAIG,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 19-1629. Filed for public inspection November 1, 2019, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.