CAPITOL PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
Request for Proposals
[50 Pa.B. 10]
[Saturday, January 4, 2020]
CPC 19.171: Moving of Storage Items to Tech Park Warehouse. The Capitol Preservation Committee (Committee) is the steward of the Commonwealth's historic furniture, light fixtures and artifacts, as well as sellers of the Commonwealth related retail items. Recently the Committee established a warehouse for the storage of its collection. The Committee's collection must be relocated to the new warehouse.
The purpose of this request is to enable the safe transfer of the Committee's storage items from 908 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA to the new warehouse located at 10 Technology Park, Harrisburg, PA.
Proposal Release Date
The proposal release date is January 8, 2020.
Mandatory Preproposal Walk Through
A mandatory preproposal walk through will be held on January 15, 2020, at 10 a.m. The preproposal walk through will begin at the 908 Market Street facility in Harrisburg, PA and will take place for approximately 45 minutes. The group will travel to the new facility (individuals must provide their own transportation) at 10 Technology Park, Harrisburg, PA. Individuals will review the new storage facility along with the receiving dock. The Committee expects this site walk through to take approximately 30 minutes.
Proposal Receipt Date
The proposal receipt date is January 22, 2020, at 2 p.m. All proposals must remain firm for 60 calendar days from the date that the proposal is opened.
Scope of Work
To achieve the purpose, the proposer must provide the following:
• All labor.
• All material.
• All equipment (for example fork lift, pallet jack, and the like as needed).
• All protection.
• Transportation vehicles.
• Certified fork lift drivers.
• The work must be so sequenced, arranged and scheduled that the occupants/contractors of the surrounding offices/property and areas above, below and adjacent to the project sites can continue to occupy the facilities and maintain work access and operations during the project. The contractor shall coordinate with other concurrent projects at the buildings and coordinate activities.
• Contractor must make provisions for refuse material removal each day work is performed.
• Need to coordinate construction activities including delivery access and parking with Committee staff.
• Load and unload items on pallets, loose furniture, miscellaneous loose items, and oversized and irregular sized unpalleted items.
• Upon arrival at new warehouse load pallets by fork lift into shelving units as directed and place loose furniture, miscellaneous loose items, and oversized and irregular sized unpalleted items where directed.
Access to Property
The accepted proposer will have escorted access to the 908 Market Street facility between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding the Commonwealth Legislative observed holidays. Access to 10 Technology Park, Harrisburg, PA will be the same as the 908 Market Street facility. No onsite parking will be provided, outside of the loading dock, at 908 Market Street. Limited parking will be made available at the Technology Park facility.
Schedule for Completion
All work associated with this purchase order shall be completed no later than May 1, 2020. Physical move of the items cannot occur prior to April 24, 2020. Preparations for the move may begin as contracts are signed and proper insurance is provided.
The successful proposer shall maintain an umbrella insurance policy providing coverage in excess of its primary commercial general liability, automobile liability and employer's liability policies in an amount not less than ten million and no/100 dollars ($10,000,000) per occurrence and ten million dollars ($10,000,000) general aggregate. The successful proposer, its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective officers, directors and employees shall be named as additional insureds.
Application for Payment
Only one application for payment will be accepted once the project has been fully completed.
Contact Tara Pyle at email@example.com with any questions.
DAVID L. CRAIG,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 20-5. Filed for public inspection January 3, 2020, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.