Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program; Grant Opportunity
[50 Pa.B. 4458]
[Saturday, August 29, 2020]
The Energy Programs Office of the Department of Environmental Protection (Department) announces an opportunity to apply for grants under the Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (AFIG) Program to improve the air quality in this Commonwealth and reduce consumption of imported oil through the use of homegrown alternative fuels that will help the economy and environment in this Commonwealth. Programs, like AFIG, that incentivize the use of alternative fuels for transportation can help the Commonwealth reach the greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals outlined in the 2018 Pennsylvania Climate Action Plan.
The Department is seeking applications for innovative, advanced fuel and vehicle technology projects resulting in cleaner advanced alternative transportation within this Commonwealth. Approximately $5 million in grants will be available for school districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships incorporated or registered in the Commonwealth to support:
• Incremental cost expenses relative to retrofitting vehicles to operate on alternative fuels as a bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicle.
• Incremental cost expenses to purchase bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicles.
• The cost to purchase and install the necessary fleet refueling or workplace, home or intermediary refueling equipment for bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicles.
• The cost to perform research, training, development and demonstration of new applications or next-phase technology related to alternative fuel vehicles.
Priorities for funding:
• Zero emission vehicle projects.
• Renewable natural gas (RNG) vehicle and infrastructure projects.
• Publicly accessible alternative fuel refueling infrastructure projects.
• Projects located in environmental justice areas. (https://www.dep.pa.gov/PublicParticipation/OfficeofEnvironmentalJustice/Pages/PA-Environmental-Justice-Areas.aspx)
Changes to the AFIG Program for 2020 for the Vehicle Retrofit and Purchase projects category are:
• Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles are not eligible; only battery electric vehicles are eligible.
• Vehicle retrofits and conversions are only eligible for new vehicles.
• Extra consideration will be given to natural gas vehicle projects involving RNG.
The AFIG Program guidelines and application instructions are available on the Department's web site at www.dep.pa.gov (select the ''Grants'' icon and under Businesses look for ''Alternative Fuel Incentive Grant—for clean energy vehicles and fueling infrastructure'').
All applications must be submitted online through the Commonwealth's Electronic Single Application web site at www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/Login.aspx. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The Department will begin accepting applications on Friday, August 28, 2020. Applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2020.
For more information regarding the AFIG Program, contact the Energy Programs Office at (717) 705-0374. Information is also available on the Department's web site at www.dep.pa.gov (select ''Residents,'' then ''Saving Energy,'' then ''Transportation,'' then ''Alternative Fuels'').
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 20-1177. Filed for public inspection August 28, 2020, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.