Telephonic Public Hearing
[50 Pa.B. 5824]
[Saturday, October 17, 2020]
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (Commission) will hold a telephonic public hearing on November 5, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. Due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the relevant orders in place in the Commission's member jurisdictions, the Commission will hold this hearing telephonically. The conference number is (888) 387-8686. The conference room code number is # 9179686050. The telephonic public hearing will end at 5 p.m. or at the conclusion of public testimony, whichever is sooner. At this telephonic public hearing, the Commission will hear testimony on the projects listed in the Supplementary Information section of this notice. The projects and proposals are intended to be scheduled for Commission action at its next business meeting, tentatively scheduled for December 11, 2020, which will be noticed separately. The public should take note that this telephonic public hearing will be the only opportunity to offer oral comment to the Commission for the listed projects and proposals. The deadline for the submission of written comments is November 18, 2020.
For further information contact Jason Oyler, General Counsel and Secretary to the Commission, (717) 238-0423, fax (717) 238-2436.
Information concerning the applications for these projects is available at the Commission's Water Application and Approval Viewer at https://www.srbc.net/waav. Additional supporting documents are available to inspect and copy in accordance with the Commission's Access to Records Policy at www.srbc.net/regulatory/policies-guidance/docs/access-to-records-policy-2009-02.pdf.
The telephonic public hearing will cover the following projects.
Projects Scheduled for Action:
1. Project Sponsor and Facility: Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (Susquehanna River), Susquehanna Depot Borough, Susquehanna County, PA. Application for renewal of surface water withdrawal of up to 1.500 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20161202).
2. Project Sponsor and Facility: Chesapeake Appalachia, LLC (Towanda Creek), Monroe Borough and Monroe Township, Bradford County, PA. Application for surface water withdrawal of up to 1.500 mgd (peak day).
3. Project Sponsor and Facility: Denver Borough, Borough of Denver, Lancaster County, PA. Application for renewal of groundwater withdrawal of up to 0.120 mgd (30-day average) from Well 4 (Docket No. 19960102).
4. Project Sponsor and Facility: Elmira Water Board, City of Elmira, Chemung County, NY. Application for renewal of groundwater withdrawals (30-day averages) of up to 0.958 mgd from Well PW-40, 1.656 mgd from Well PW-41 and 0.389 mgd from Well PW-42, for a total wellfield limit of 3.00 mgd (Docket No. 19901105).
5. Project Sponsor: Goodyear Lake Hydro, LLC. Project Facility: Colliersville Hydroelectric Project, Town of Milford, Otsego County, NY. Application for an existing hydroelectric facility.
6. Project Sponsor and Facility: Hastings Municipal Authority, Elder Township, Cambria County, PA. Application for groundwater withdrawal of up to 0.260 mgd (30-day average) from Mine Spring No. 1 Well.
7. Project Sponsor: Borough of Middletown. Project Facility: SUEZ/Middletown Water System, Middletown Borough, Dauphin County, PA. Application for renewal of groundwater withdrawal of up to 0.219 mgd (30-day average) from Well 5 (Docket No. 19890701), as well as recognizing historic withdrawals from Wells 1—4.
8. Project Sponsor: New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Project Facility: Indian Hills State Golf Course (Irrigation Pond), Towns of Erwin and Lindley, Steuben County, NY. Applications for an existing surface water withdrawal of up to 0.940 mgd (peak day) and consumptive use of up to 0.850 mgd (peak day).
9. Project Sponsor and Facility: Seneca Resources Company, LLC (Cowanesque River), Deerfield Township, Tioga County, PA. Application for renewal of surface water withdrawal of up to 0.999 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20161218-2).
Project Scheduled for Action Involving a Diversion:
1. Project Sponsor: JKLM Energy, LLC. Project Facility: Goodwin and Son's Sand and Gravel Quarry, Roulette Township, Potter County, PA. Application for renewal of an into-basin diversion from the Ohio River Basin of up to 1.100 mgd (peak day) from the Goodwin and Son's Sand and Gravel Quarry (Docket No. 20161221).
Commission-Initiated Project Approval Modification:
1. Project Sponsor: Lycoming County Recreation Authority. Project Facility: White Deer Golf Courses, Brady Township, Lycoming County, PA. Conforming the grandfathered amount with the forthcoming determination for a groundwater withdrawal of up to 0.169 mgd (30-day average) from Well 2 (Docket No. 20020806).
Opportunity to Appear and Comment:
Interested parties may call into the hearing to offer comments to the Commission on any business previously listed required to be subject of a public hearing. Given the telephonic nature of the meeting, the Commission strongly encourages those members of the public wishing to provide oral comments to pre-register with the Commission by e-mailing Jason Oyler at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the hearing date. The presiding officer reserves the right to limit oral statements in the interest of time and to otherwise control the course of the hearing. Access to the hearing by means of telephone will begin at 2:15 p.m. Guidelines for the public hearing are posted on the Commission's web site, www.srbc.net, prior to the hearing for review. The presiding officer reserves the right to modify or supplement the guidelines at the hearing. Written comments on any business previously listed required to be subject of a public hearing may also be mailed to Jason Oyler, Secretary to the Commission, Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 North Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110-1788, or submitted electronically through https://www.srbc.net/regulatory/public-comment/. Comments mailed or electronically submitted must be received by the Commission on or before November 18, 2020, to be considered.
Authority: Pub.L. No. 91-575, 84 Stat. 1509 et seq., 18 CFR Parts 806—808
Dated: October 2, 2020
ANDREW D. DEHOFF,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 20-1440. Filed for public inspection October 16, 2020, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.