DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Pennsylvania 7-11-21® LIVE Instant Lottery Game 1523; Change to Game Rules; Amended Notice
[51 Pa.B. 3823]
[Saturday, July 10, 2021]
Under the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314) and 61 Pa. Code § 819.203 (relating to notice of instant game rules), the Secretary of Revenue hereby provides public notice of changes to the Pennsylvania 7-11-21® LIVE (hereinafter referred to as ''7-11-21® LIVE'') instant lottery game rules that were published at 51 Pa.B. 2710 (May 15, 2021).
The Pennsylvania Lottery intends to provide notice of the 7-11-21® LIVE Facebook Live Promotional Event. The Pennsylvania Lottery has added an explanation of the entry procedure, structure and potential prizes awarded in the Promotion. Sections have been renumbered accordingly. The correct version of this document is as follows, with ellipses referring to the existing text as it appeared at 51 Pa.B. 2710—2714:
* * * * *
7. 7-11-21® LIVE Facebook Live Promotional Event: The Pennsylvania Lottery will conduct a 7-11-21® LIVE Facebook Live Promotional Event as provided for in section 10 (hereafter, the ''Promotion'').
8. Determination of prize winners:
* * * * *
9. Number and description of prizes and approximate odds:
* * * * *
10. 7-11-21® LIVE Facebook Live Promotional Event: The 7-11-21® LIVE Facebook Live Promotional Event from the Pennsylvania Lottery (hereafter, the ''Lottery''), for qualifying entries submitted on the Lottery's Official Facebook account page during the specified livestream event period, as described below (hereafter, the ''Promotion'').
(a) Qualifying Entries: Entrants must post a comment during the livestream event that will be held via the Pennsylvania Lottery's Official Facebook account page.
(b) To receive a qualifying entry, entrants must meet all submission criteria as provided for in these rules.
(c) Participation and entry:
(1) Entrants must have a Facebook user account, available at www.facebook.com, in order to view the livestream and enter the Promotion. There is no cost to create a Facebook user account. There is no cost or purchase required to enter the Giveaway. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or associated with Facebook, Inc.
(2) To enter the Promotion, entrants must submit at least one eligible comment during the livestream period within the Live Video on the Lottery's official Facebook account page, as directed during the Promotion. No other method of submission will be accepted. Entries submitted using any other method, including entries mailed or hand-delivered to the Pennsylvania Lottery, are not valid and will be disqualified. Additionally, comments made in the Discussion Box, anywhere else on the Lottery's official Facebook account page, or through direct message are not valid and will be disqualified.
(3) Participants may submit an eligible comment at any point during the livestream. Once the livestream concludes, at approximately 7:32:00 p.m. July 11, 2021, as further described in section 10(d)(2)(i), no further entries shall be accepted.
(4) Any comment containing spam links, offensive language, personal attacks, incessant similar posting, or as otherwise determined by the Lottery to be inappropriate in nature, shall be deemed an ineligible comment and the entrant submitting the comment may be disqualified from the Promotion.
(5) Eligible entries will be entered into the Lottery's drawing for the cash prize value determined during the livestream, as further described in section 10(d)(4).
(6) Only one claimant per entry allowed.
(7) Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
(8) Entrants must be physically present within the geographical boundaries of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at the time an entry is made into the Promotion.
(9) If a comment is withdrawn or changed at any time during the Promotion, this may result in disqualification from the Promotion. Entrants do so at their own risk.
(d) Promotion description:
(1) Lottery will conduct one drawing from among all the valid entries received during the entry period as described in section 10(d)(2)(i), after the livestream has concluded.
(2) The Promotion will consist of two Cash Prize Selection Stages and one Participant Entry Stage, as described below. All time references are Eastern Prevailing Time.
(i) Valid entries received posted to the Live Video on the Lottery's Official Facebook account page during the Promotion, as further described in section 10(c)(2), from approximately 7:11:00 p.m. on July 11, 2021, through approximately 7:32:00 p.m. on July 11, 2021, will be entered into one Cash Prize drawing, to be held between July 11, 2021, and July 16, 2021.
(ii) The entry period for the Promotion will be posted to the Lottery's Promotional web site.
(iii) Each entrant may receive up to one (1) entry in the Promotion by posting an eligible comment to the Live Video on the Lottery's official Facebook account page, as further described in section 10(c)(2), during the Promotion. Any comments posted after each participant's first valid comment will not award additional entries.
(iv) The Promotion livestream will be broadcast to multiple lottery jurisdictions, with each lottery jurisdiction having its own prize pool for its own promotion. Winners in the Lottery's Promotion shall be drawn solely from eligible participants, as verified by Lottery in accordance with these rules, and shall be paid from the Lottery's prize pool.
(3) During Prize Selection Stage 1 of the Promotion:
(i) The Host of the Promotion shall draw four envelopes from a mixing cage containing 50 sealed envelopes, where each envelope contains one of three possible cash prize values, while participants view the livestream.
(ii) The following table sets forth the number of envelopes containing each cash prize value found within the mixing cage:
# Of Appearances In
50 Sealed Envelopes:
$77 35 $777 10 $7,777 5
(iii) The Host of the Promotion will select four sealed envelopes from the mixing cage at random, while participants view the livestream.
(4) During Prize Selection Stage 2 of the Promotion:
(i) The Host of the Promotion shall direct all participants viewing the livestream to participate in an interactive poll and vote for one of the four sealed envelopes that was selected from the mixing cage in Prize Selection Stage 1, as described in section 10(d)(3). Voting will be done via an interactive poll on the Lottery's official Facebook account page during the livestream. Participants may only vote one time, but participants may change their vote until the timer runs out. The envelope that receives the most votes from among all participants in all participating lottery jurisdictions will display on the livestream.
(ii) Once the Prize Selection Stage 2 voting period has concluded, the Host of the Promotion shall select the envelope that received the greatest number of votes from the interactive poll and open that envelope, revealing the cash prize value contained therein.
(iii) In the event of a tied vote during Prize Selection Stage 2, the host will empty the mixing cage from Prize Selection Stage 1 and place those sealed envelopes tied for the highest number of votes into the mixing cage. After the mixing cage has randomized the sealed envelopes, the host shall select one of the sealed envelopes and open that envelope to reveal the cash prize value contained therein.
(iv) The cash prize value selected during Stage 2 shall be the value of all cash prizes awarded to Promotion winners.
(e) Prizes available to be won, determination of winners, and odds of winning:
(1) The prize entitlements described as follows are subject to all restrictions and limitations described in section 10(g), or those mentioned anywhere else in these rules.
(2) Subject to final determination of eligibility by the Lottery, the first through the fortieth entries selected will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a cash prize equal to the value determined during the Giveaway livestream, less applicable income tax withholding where appropriate.
(3) The odds of winning depend upon the total number of qualifying entries received.
(4) A computer-generated randomizer will be used to select the Promotion winners.
(f) Delinquent Support Offset: If the Department of Human Services, pursuant to 23 Pa.C.S.A. § 4308, the Department of Revenue or the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts, pursuant to 72 P.S. § 215, determines that a Promotion winner is a delinquent support obligor as provided in 23 Pa.C.S.A. § 4308 or 72 P.S. § 215, the amount of any arrearages shall be deducted from cash prizes greater than $2,500. After the delinquent support obligation is met, the Promotion winner will receive the remaining portion of the cash prize money, if any, which shall be fulfilled according to Lottery procedure.
(g) Promotion restrictions:
(1) To be eligible to participate in the Promotion, entrants must have complied with the requirements of these rules and Lottery procedure.
(2) The Lottery is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries not entered into the Promotion. The Lottery is not responsible for entries that are not entered into the Promotion because of incompatible internet browsers, mobile Lottery application failure or other technical issues.
(3) An entrant may only win the prize for which the entrant is first selected.
(4) If an entry is selected as a winner and rejected or otherwise disqualified during or following the Promotion livestream, the Lottery will select another entry to replace the rejected or otherwise disqualified entry in accordance with these rules and Lottery procedures.
(5) If any discrepancy exists between these rules and any material describing the Promotion, these rules shall govern.
(6) Employees of the Pennsylvania Lottery, 9 Rooftops Marketing, LLC (formerly known as MARC USA, LLC), MUSL, Scientific Games International, Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, and their subcontractors, or a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principle place of residence of any such person are not eligible to participate in the drawing. Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
(7) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Promotion and change these rules if the drawing cannot be conducted as planned due to errors in these rules or advertising, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud, technical errors, viruses, worms, bugs, or any other cause beyond the control of the Pennsylvania Lottery that, in the Pennsylvania Lottery's sole judgment, could corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion.
(8) All entrants in the Lottery's prize selection shall be subject to verification by the Pennsylvania Lottery.
(9) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these rules or applicable law.
(10) The Promotion is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Applicable laws and regulations apply.
(11) Promotion winners shall be initially contacted by the Lottery in a manner determined by Lottery, using the Facebook platform. Promotion winners will have 15 business days from the prize selection date to return completed claim forms to the Lottery. At the close of business on the 15th business day following the drawing date, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be awarded the respective prize, according to Lottery procedure. Alternates will have 15 business days to return the completed claim forms to the Lottery.
(12) Final determination of winners will be made by the Secretary, whose judgment will be final and binding.
(13) A prize awarded in the Promotion to a person who dies before receiving the prize shall be paid according to 61 Pa. Code § 811.16 (relating to prizes payable after death of a prize winner).
(14) A winner is responsible for all taxes arising from or in connection with any prize won.
(15) Prizes are not transferrable.
(16) Other restrictions may apply.
* * * * *
11. Retailer incentive awards:
* * * * *
12. Retailer bonus:
* * * * *
13. Unclaimed prize money:
* * * * *
14. Governing law:
* * * * *
15. Termination of the game:
* * * * *
C. DANIEL HASSELL,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 21-1093. Filed for public inspection July 9, 2021, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.