CLIENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ 21.91. Client rights.
A client residing in a domiciliary care home shall be afforded the following basic rights:
(1) The client may not be restricted in the right to leave and return to the domiciliary care home at reasonable times consistent with the house rules developed under § 21.55(m) (relating to AAA placement activities).
(2) The client shall have the right to attend and participate in the religious activities of the clients choice or to abstain from religious practice, and shall have the right to be free from the imposition of the religious practices of others.
(3) The client shall be free to receive visitors at times mutually-agreed upon by the client and provider.
(4) The client shall have access to a telephone in the domiciliary care home and may make local calls, in reasonable privacy, without charge. The client shall be allowed to make arrangements for payment of toll calls.
(5) The client shall have access to the United States mails, may write and send uncensored mail at the clients own expense, and receive, unopened, mail addressed to the client.
(6) The client shall be free to voice grievances and recommend changes in the policies and services of the domiciliary care provider during periodic updates of the house rules.
(7) The client shall be allowed to keep in the clients room personal possessions including, but not limited to, radios, pictures, plants, cards, photographs, rockers, footstools and chairs.
(8) The client shall have the right to privacy in all aspects of daily living, including visual privacy in the bathroom and in intimate personal hygiene.
(9) The client shall have the right to a diet consistent with religious or health restrictions.
(10) The client shall have the right to be treated in a courteous manner by the provider and staff of the domiciliary care home.
This section cited in 6 Pa. Code § 21.55 (relating to AAA placement activities); 6 Pa. Code § 21.82 (relating to other provider responsibilities); and 6 Pa. Code § 21.92 (relating to client responsibilities).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.