§ 59a.405. Sanitation.
A raw milk permitholder shall maintain and operate the subject dairy operation in compliance with the same sanitation and handling standards that are applicable to the production of milk for pasteurization, as set forth in § 59a.19 (relating to standards for Grade A milk for pasteurization, ultra-pasteurization or aseptic processing) except to the extent any of those provisions are inconsistent with this subchapter. The provisions of the Grade A PMO, in particular the Standards for Grade A Raw Milk for Pasteurization, Ultrapasteurization or Aseptic Processing and section 7, regarding standards for Grade A milk and milk products, are incorporated by reference as regulations authorized under the act, to the extent they do not conflict with the act or this subchapter. This includes the items listed under the referenced Grade A PMO provisions, including the following:
(1) Item 1r. Abnormal milk.
(2) Item 2r. Milking Barn, Stable or ParlorConstruction.
(3) Item 3r. Milking Barn, Stable or ParlorCleanliness.
(4) Item 4r. Cowyard.
(5) Item 5r. MilkhouseConstruction and Facilities.
(6) Item 6r. MilkhouseCleanliness.
(7) Item 7r. Toilet.
(8) Item 8r. Water Supply, with the additional requirement that a plate heat exchanger or tubular cooler installed and in use on a dairy farm shall be equipped with a backflow prevention device.
(9) Item 9r. Utensils and EquipmentConstruction.
(10) Item 10r. Utensils and EquipmentCleaning.
(11) Item 11r. Utensils and EquipmentSanitization.
(12) Item 12r. Utensils and EquipmentStorage.
(13) Item 13r. MilkingFlanks, Udders and Teats.
(14) Item 14r. Protection from Contamination.
(15) Item 15r. Drug and Chemical Control.
(16) Item 16r. PersonnelHandwashing Facilities.
(17) Item 17r. PersonnelCleanliness.
(18) Item 18r. Raw Milk Cooling, with the exception that milk for pasteurization shall be cooled to 4° C (40° F) within 2 hours after the completion of milking.
(19) Item 19r. Insect and Rodent Control.
This section cited in 7 Pa. Code § 59a.404 (relating to requirements for the issuance of a raw milk permit); and 7 Pa. Code § 59a.407 (relating to regular testing of water supply).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.