§ 85.2. Department responsibilities.
The Department will perform the following:
(1) Issue egg certification licenses to persons designated by the organization, when the Department is satisfied that such designee is fully qualified to classify eggs under Chapter 87 (relating to standards for grading and marketing eggs).
(2) Assign to each organization a code which shall be used to identify each wholesale or consumer lot of eggs certified.
(3) Permit the organization to use such insignia, stamps, labels or seals as may be adopted by the Department as official in the certification of eggs. The cost of such insignia, stamps, labels or seals shall be borne by the organization.
(4) Reserve the right to make unannounced periodic inspections of each plant employing licensed personnel to insure that the organization and licensee are properly certifying eggs and to inspect officially certified eggs in any of the marketing channels.
(5) Reserve the right to revoke any license for cause or terminate an agreement for failure of the organization or licensed employe of the organization to comply with any of the provisions of an agreement or Chapter 87. The revocation shall also terminate the use of insignia, stamps, labels, codes or seals authorized under paragraph (3).
(6) Inspect specific lots of eggs at the request of the organization when the organization has evidence that inaccurate grade determinations have been or are being made by personnel.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.