§ 339.23. Vocational education safety.
Vocational education shall be provided consistent with safety standards in the following areas:
(1) Safety instruction shall be practiced in the laboratory and classroom.
(2) Equipment guards and personal safety devices shall be in place and used.
(3) Class enrollment shall be safe relative to classroom or laboratory size and number of workstations.
(4) Workstations shall be barrier-free, assuring accessibility and safety under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C.A. § 794) and 34 CFR 104.22(a) (relating to existing facilities) and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C.A. § § 1210112213).
(5) Provisions shall be made for safe practices to meet individual educational needs of handicapped persons under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 34 CFR 104.33(b) (relating to free appropriate public education), OCR Guidelines, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.A. § § 2000d2000d-4a) and 45 CFR Part 80 (relating to nondiscrimination under programs receiving Federal assistance through the Department of Health and Human Services effectuation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964).
(6) Storage of materials and supplies must meet 34 Pa. Code Part I (relating to Department of Labor and Industry).
(7) Safety practices must meet State and Federal regulations.
This section cited in 22 Pa. Code § 339.51 (relating to learning environment).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.