Subchapter D. OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS
49.171. General requirements.
49.172. Letter of eligibility.
§ 49.171. General requirements.
(a) Applicants recommended by out-of-State institutions shall submit to the Department official transcripts for all professional preparation and related studies and satisfactory evidence of educational and work experience. These records will be evaluated by the Department using the established standards applicable to the comparable approved programs at Commonwealth institutions.
(b) The Department will issue the appropriate certificates to persons whose preparation and experience equate to the established standards. If an evaluation by the Department reveals minor deficiencies, the Department will prescribe the additional educational requirements.
(c) The Department may issue the comparable Pennsylvania Certificate to an applicant who, lacking institutional recommendation:
(1) Has been legally certified by another state at a level comparable to the Pennsylvania certificate sought.
(2) Provides evidence of preparation and experience equating to the established standards for the area of certification sought.
The provisions of this § 49.171 issued under sections 1317 and 1319 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 367 and 369).
The provisions of this § 49.171 amended September 12, 1980, effective September 13, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3665; amended September 24, 1999, effective September 25, 1999, 29 Pa.B. 4954; amended July 14, 2006, effective July 15, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 3655. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (260837) to (260838).
§ 49.172. Letter of eligibility.
(a) The Department will issue the appropriate letter of eligibility for consideration for appointment as a district superintendent or an assistant district superintendent to an applicant who:
(1) Has completed a Pennsylvania approved graduate level program of educational administrative study for the preparation of chief school administrators or been prepared through an out-of-State graduate level program equivalent to those approved in this Commonwealth.
(2) Has received the recommendation of the preparing institution for certification as a chief school, district level, administrator.
(3) Has provided evidence of 6 years of certified service in the basic K-12 schools and, for the superintendents letter, including at least 3 years of satisfactory certified service in supervisory or administrative positions.
(b) Department evaluation will comply with the following:
(1) The adequacy of preparation will be determined by the Department.
(2) The qualifying educational service to meet experience requirements out-of-State will be determined for all applicants by the Department.
(3) Institutional endorsement of the candidate may be waived by the Department for exceptional reasons such as, but not limited to, nonrecency of graduation, multi-institutional preparation, and institution no longer offering a preparation program for the superintendent.
(c) A commission shall be issued to a person holding a letter of eligibility upon election as a district superintendent or assistant district superintendent by the respective local board of school directors.
The provisions of this § 49.172 issued under sections 1317 and 1319 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 367 and 369).
The provisions of this § 49.172 amended September 12, 1980, effective September 13, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3665; amended September 24, 1999, effective September 25, 1999, 29 Pa.B. 4954; amended July 14, 2006, effective July 15, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 3655. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (260838) to (260839).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.