§ 109.707. Emergency response plan.
(a) A community water supplier shall develop a plan for the provision of safe and adequate drinking water under emergency circumstances. The emergency response plan must generally conform to the guidelines contained in the Departments Public Water Supply Manual, as applicable, and contain at least the following:
(1) Organization table. An organization table that includes a prioritized list of names and contact numbers of persons in charge of the water system during an emergency.
(2) Communication procedures and contact information. For each probable emergency situation, including, but not limited to, those specified in § 109.701(a)(3)(iii) (relating to reporting and recordkeeping), a list of appropriate contact persons and phone numbers for the following groups of people:
(i) Emergency management agencies within a water systems jurisdiction.
(ii) Key public officials within a water suppliers service area.
(iii) Government agencies including, but not limited to, the Department, Public Utility Commission, Department of Health, Department of Public Welfare and Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
(iv) Facilities within a water suppliers service area, including, but not limited to, hospitals, schools, day-care facilities, nursing homes, social service agencies, industrial and commercial users.
(vi) Equipment and chemical suppliers.
(3) Means of communication. A list containing the following:
(i) Types of communication equipment.
(ii) Types of communication for public notification.
(4) Summary description of the system. A list containing the following:
(i) Location of pertinent operational information.
(ii) Source information.
(iii) Treatment information.
(iv) Finished water storage.
(5) Assessment of available resources. A list containing the following:
(i) Mutual aid agreements.
(ii) Emergency water supply equipment that includes procedures for providing reserve capacity according to § 109.609 (relating to reserved capacity and finished water storage) or an approved alternative water supply.
(iii) Power supply equipment.
(iv) Repair equipment.
(v) Vehicles and construction equipment.
(vi) Spare equipment.
(6) Corrective actions for probable emergency situations. A list containing the following:
(i) Probable emergency situations including, but not limited to, those specified in § 109.701(a)(3)(iii).
(ii) Corrective actions for each probable emergency situation.
(b) The community water supplier shall implement the emergency response plan when necessary.
(c) The community water supplier shall review and update the plan at least annually and as necessary to reflect changes to communication procedures and contact information under subsection (a)(2). The community water supplier shall record the date of update on the plan. The plan must be:
(1) Placed in secure locations which are readily accessible to the water systems personnel.
(2) Presented upon request to the Department.
The provisions of this § 109.707 amended under section 4 of the Pennsylvania Safe Drinking Water Act (35 P.S. § 721.4) and sections 1917-A and 1920-A of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P.S. § § 510-7 and 510-20).
The provisions of this § 109.707 adopted December 7, 1984, effective December 8, 1984, 14 Pa.B. 4479; amended May 15, 1992, effective May 16, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 2621; amended December 23, 1994, effective December 24, 1994, 24 Pa.B. 6404; amended August 9, 2002, effective August 10, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 3894; amended May 8, 2009, effective May 9, 2009, 39 Pa.B. 2334. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (290567).
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 109.407 (relating to general public notification requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.