§ 109.717. Significant deficiencies.
The following apply to significant deficiencies identified by the Department:
(1) Within 30 days of receiving written notification, the public water supplier shall consult with the Department regarding appropriate corrective actions unless the Department directs the system to implement a specific corrective action.
(2) The public water supplier shall respond in writing to significant deficiencies no later than 45 days after receipt of written notification from the Department, indicating how and on what schedule the system will address significant deficiencies.
(3) Corrective actions shall be completed in accordance with applicable Department plan review processes or other Department guidance or direction, if any, including Department-specified interim measures.
(4) The public water supplier shall correct significant deficiencies identified within 120 days of receiving written notification from the Department, or earlier if directed by the Department, or according to the schedule approved by the Department.
(5) If the Department specifies interim measures for protection of the public health pending Department approval of the corrective action plan and schedule or pending completion of the corrective action plan, the public water supplier shall comply with these interim measures as well as with any schedule specified by the Department.
(6) The public water supplier shall request and obtain approval, in writing, from the Department for any subsequent modifications to a Department-approved corrective action plan and schedule.
The provisions of this § 109.717 issued under section 4(a) of the Pennsylvania Safe Drinking Water Act (35 P.S. § 721.4(a)); and section 1920-A(b) of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P.S. § 510-20(b)).
The provisions of this § 109.717 adopted August 17, 2018, effective August 18, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 4974.
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 109.1302 (relating to treatment technique requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.