§ 403.101. Effective date.
(a) The Fire and Panic Act, the act of September 1, 1965 (P. L. No. 235) (71 P. S. § § 1455.11455.3b), known as the Universal Accessibility Act and a locally-enacted building code shall remain in effect until the date that one of the following has transpired:
(1) A municipality enacts an ordinance adopting the Uniform Construction Code and the municipality provides written notification to the Department of the adopted ordinance before August 7, 2004.
(2) The initial election and notification period ended on August 7, 2004, and the municipality has not provided written notification to the Department.
(3) The municipality elects not to adopt an ordinance enforcing the Uniform Construction Code and provides written notification to the Department.
(b) After the expiration of the initial election period, a municipality may elect to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code. The municipality shall provide 180 days notice to the Department of its intention to pass an ordinance adopting the Uniform Construction Code.
(c) The Fire and Panic Act, the Universal Accessibility Act and a locally-enacted building code shall remain in effect for the following construction:
(1) New buildings or renovations to existing buildings for which an application for a building permit was made to the municipality before April 9, 2004.
(2) New buildings or renovations to existing buildings on which a contract for design or construction was signed before April 9, 2004.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.