§ 11.63. CPE subject areas; relevance to professional competence.
(a) The CPE hours required under § 11.62 (relating to CPE requirement for issuance of license; waiver or extension) must be in the following subject areas and with the following minimum hours as noted:
(1) Accounting and attestminimum of 24 CPE hours if participating in attest activity; otherwise no minimum. A licensee who supervises attest services and signs an accountants report for attest services may also need to complete additional CPE as provided in § 11.23a (relating to competence to supervise attest services).
(2) Advisory servicesno minimum.
(3) Managementno minimum.
(4) Professional skills developmentno minimum.
(5) Specialized knowledge and applicationsno minimum.
(6) Taxationno minimum.
(7) Professional ethicsminimum of 4 CPE hours (effective as a condition of obtaining a license for the 2014-15 license period and thereafter).
(b) The CPE hours required under § 11.62 must be relevant to maintaining the professional competence of a certified public accountant or public accountant.
The provisions of this § 11.63 amended under sections 3(a)(10)(12) and 8.2 of the CPA Law (63 P.S. § § 9.3(a)(10)(12) and 9.8b).
The provisions of this § 11.63 adopted September 21, 1979, effective September 22, 1979, 9 Pa.B. 3238; amended December 30, 1994, effective December 31, 1994, 24 Pa.B. 6559; amended November 30, 2012, effective December 1, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7267; amended September 22, 2017, effective January 1, 2018, 47 Pa.B. 5940. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (364434).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 11.23a (relating to competence to supervise attest services); 49 Pa. Code § 11.61 (relating to scope); 49 Pa. Code § 11.62 (relating to CPE requirement for issuance of license; waiver or extension); 49 Pa. Code § 11.67 (relating to reporting of CPE hours); 49 Pa. Code § 11.68a (relating to disciplinary action for failure to comply with CPE requirements); 49 Pa. Code § 11.71 (relating to responsibilities of CPE program sponsor); and 49 Pa. Code § 43b.10a (relating to schedule of civil penaltiesaccountants).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.