MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
§ 21.331. Biennial renewal of certification.
(a) The certification, and prescriptive authority approval, if applicable, of a CRNP will expire at the same time as the CRNPs registered nurse license as provided in § 21.29 (relating to expiration and renewal of license).
(b) Notice of application for renewal will be forwarded biennially to each active CRNP at the CRNPs address of record with the Board prior to the expiration date of the current biennial period.
(c) As a condition of biennial renewal, a CRNP shall:
(1) Renew the CRNPs registered nurse license.
(2) Verify completion of a minimum of 30 hours of Board-approved continuing education in the 2 years prior to renewal. As a condition of biennial renewal of prescriptive authority approval, a CRNP shall complete a minimum of 16 of the 30 hours of Board-approved continuing education in pharmacology in the 2 years prior to renewal.
(3) Demonstrate current National certification, if the CRNP was certified by the Board after February 7, 2005
(4) Pay the required biennial renewal fee set forth in § 21.253 (relating to fees).
(5) Verify compliance with section 8.7 of the act (63 P.S. § 218.7) regarding liability coverage.
(d) Any written communication with the Board must be typed or printed and include the CRNPs full name, including former names, the current address and certification number.
The provisions of this § 21.331 adopted July 22, 1977, effective July 23, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 2063; amended October 18, 1985, effective October 19, 1985, 15 Pa.B. 3726; amended December 11, 2009, effective December 12, 2009, 39 Pa.B. 6994. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (308269) to (308270).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.