§ 21.367. Faculty requirements for CRNP programs.
(a) The minimum faculty requirements submitted under § 21.365(d)(3) (relating to establishment) for the program are:
(1) Qualified faculty members teaching in their areas of specialized practice encompassed within the curriculum.
(2) Additional faculty members as needed to insure an educationally effective student-faculty ratio.
(b) Faculty qualifications for clinical courses in the CRNP program are as follows:
(1) Faculty members shall provide evidence of expertise in their subject areas, and when appropriate, be currently licensed and certified in this Commonwealth and hold and maintain National certification. Faculty members already employed in a CRNP program who do not hold National certification in their area of specialization shall obtain National certification, if available, by June 3, 2008.
(2) Faculty members shall give evidence of maintaining expertise in their clinical or functional areas of specialization.
(3) Faculty members shall maintain currency in clinical practice through ongoing clinical practice.
(4) Faculty members shall meet specialty requirements for continuing competency in accordance with their educational program responsibilities.
The provisions of this § 21.367 issued under sections 6.1 and 8.1 of The Professional Nursing Law (63 P.S. § § 216.1 and 218.1).
The provisions of this § 21.367 adopted June 2, 2006, effective June 3, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 2667.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 21.363 (relating to approval process); and 49 Pa. Code § 21.365 (relating to establishment).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.