§ 21.373. Facility and resource requirements.
(a) The support of the college or university must be adequate to meet CRNP program needs and include the following:
(1) Faculty and staff offices.
(2) Classrooms, conference rooms and laboratories.
(3) Administrative and secretarial support.
(4) Interactive information systems (computer/technical support) sufficient to develop, manage and evaluate the program.
(b) There must be current, appropriate, adequate and available learning resources to include audio/visual equipment, computers and library materials.
(c) The CRNP program must provide appropriate clinical resources and experience for students, including:
(1) Space for facultys and students needs.
(2) Exposure of appropriate duration to a patient population sufficient in number to insure that the student will meet program goals.
(3) Faculty to provide adequate supervision and evaluation.
(i) Supervision of all students in the clinical areas is the responsibility of the CRNP program faculty.
(ii) One program faculty member shall supervise no more than six students in a clinical course. If faculty are providing onsite preceptorship, the maximum ratio is two students per faculty member. If faculty are managing their own caseload of patients, the maximum ratio is one student per faculty member.
(iii) Onsite clinical preceptors may include:
(A) Advanced practice nurses who are currently licensed.
(B) Physicians who are currently licensed.
(C) CRNPs who are currently licensed and certified.
The provisions of this § 21.373 issued under sections 6.1 and 8.1 of The Professional Nursing Law (63 P.S. § § 216.1 and 218.1).
The provisions of this § 21.373 adopted June 2, 2006, effective June 3, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 2667.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 21.363 (relating to approval process); and 49 Pa. Code § 21.369 (relating to general curriculum requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.