§ 37.59. Use of seal.
The following rules govern the proper use of a registrants seal:
(1) A registrant may use his seal and signature only when the work being sealed and signed was prepared by the registrant or under the registrants complete direction and control.
(2) When a registrant issues final or complete documents to a client for the clients records, or when a registrant submits final or complete documents to public or governmental agencies for final review, the seal and signature of the registrant who prepared or who directed and controlled the preparation of the documents, along with the date of issuance, shall be prominently displayed on the first page of all documents. Facsimile seals shall appear on all subsequent pages of plans or plats.
(3) When multiple registrants prepare or direct and control the preparation of documents, each registrants seal and signature shall appear on the first page of the documents, or on the first page of the identifiable portion or section of the documents which were prepared or directed and controlled by that registrant, if the respective registrants direction and control can be reasonably segregated.
(4) When a registrants signature is applied, it shall be applied near or across the seal, but not in a location that obliterates the registration number.
(5) A registrant may not affix or permit a seal and signature to be affixed to a document after the expiration of the registrants licensure status, or for the purpose of aiding or abetting another person to evade or attempt to evade a provision of the act or this chapter.
(6) In the case of a temporary permit issued to an engineering, land surveying or geology registrant of another state, the registrant shall use the seal of the registrants home state and shall affix his signature and a copy of the temporary permit to work performed in this Commonwealth.
The provisions of this § 37.59 adopted January 21, 1994, effective January 22, 1994, 24 Pa.B. 518; amended October 25, 1996, effective October 26, 1996, 26 Pa.B. 5106. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (206178) to (206179).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 37.20a (relating to provisional endorsement license).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.