§ 42.13. Application for licensure.
(a) To apply for licensure, an applicant shall pay the required fee and submit evidence satisfactory to the Board, on forms provided by the Board, that the applicant meets the following criteria:
(1) Is of good moral character.
(2) Has successfully completed an educational program for occupational therapists or occupational therapy assistants that is either:
(i) Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) or predecessor organizations.
(ii) Approved by the Board and accredited by a National programmatic accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
(3) Has successfully completed a period of supervised fieldwork experience as a part of an accredited educational program as required by paragraph (2) as follows:
(i) For an occupational therapist, a minimum of 6 months of supervised fieldwork.
(ii) For an occupational therapy assistant, a minimum of 2 months of supervised fieldwork.
(4) Has passed the licensure examination or has qualified for a waiver of the licensure examination under § 42.12 (relating to waiver of licensure examination).
(b) In addition to the requirements in subsection (a), an applicant for an occupational therapist license shall submit one of the following:
(1) Proof that the applicant has professional liability insurance as set forth in § 42.61 (relating to professional liability insurance requirement).
(2) A letter from the applicants insurance carrier indicating that the applicant will be covered against professional liability in the amount specified in § 42.61(a) upon the issuance of the applicants license to practice occupational therapy in this Commonwealth.
(3) A certification from the applicant indicating that the applicant will be covered by an employer against professional liability in the amount specified in § 42.61(a) effective upon the beginning of employment as an occupational therapist, provided that the applicant does not practice occupational therapy prior to the beginning of employment.
The provisions of this § 42.13 issued under section 5(b) of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act (63 P.S. § 1505(b)); amended under sections 5(b), 8(2) and (5)(vi) and 15(a) of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act (63 P.S. § § 1505(b), 1508(2) and (5)(vi) and 1515(a)).
The provisions of this § 42.13 adopted January 27, 1989, effective January 28, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 335; amended May 4, 2018, effective May 5, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 2624; amended January 21, 2022, effective January 22, 2022, 52 Pa.B. 448. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (391993).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 42.14 (relating to foreign-trained applicants); 49 Pa. Code § 42.15 (relating to application for temporary license); and 49 Pa. Code § 42.62 (relating to notifications).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.