§ 42.14. Foreign-educated applicants.
(a) To apply for licensure, the foreign-educated applicant shall, before examination, submit evidence satisfactory to the Board, on forms provided by the Board, that the applicant meets all of the following requirements:
(1) Is of good moral character.
(2) Has completed educational requirements substantially equal to § 42.13(2) (relating to application for licensure). The Board will accept a credentials evaluation done by the NBCOT as proof that the foreign-educated applicant has completed the educational requirements.
(b) The foreign-educated applicant may be licensed by the Board if the applicant has complied with subsection (a) and has met one of the following criteria:
(1) Passed the licensure examination.
(2) Qualified for a waiver of the licensure examination under § 42.12 (relating to waiver of licensure examination).
(c) In addition to the requirements in subsections (a) and (b), a foreign-educated applicant for an occupational therapist license shall submit one of the following:
(1) Proof that the foreign-educated applicant has professional liability insurance as set forth in § 42.61 (relating to professional liability insurance requirement).
(2) A letter from the foreign-educated applicants insurance carrier indicating that the applicant will be covered against professional liability in the amount specified in § 42.61(a) upon the issuance of the applicants license to practice occupational therapy in this Commonwealth.
(3) A certification from the foreign-educated applicant indicating that the applicant will be covered by an employer against professional liability in the amount specified in § 42.61(a) effective upon the beginning of employment as an occupational therapist, provided that the applicant does not practice occupational therapy prior to the beginning of employment.
The provisions of this § 42.14 issued under sections 5(b) and 6(a)(2) of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act (63 P. S. § § 1505(b) and 1506(a)(2)); amended under sections 5(b), 8(5)(vi) and 15(a) of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act (63 P.S. § § 1505(b), 1508(5)(vi) and 1515(a)).
The provisions of this § 42.14 adopted January 27, 1989, effective January 28, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 335; amended December 7, 2001, effective December 8, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 6663; amended May 4, 2018, effective May 5, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 2624. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (367139) to (367140).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 42.62 (relating to notifications).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.