§ 42.57. Documentation and reporting of continued competency activities.
(a) A provider of a continued competency activity shall furnish to each participant documentation, signed by the provider, which includes all of the following, unless otherwise directed in § 42.55(b)(1)(iii), (2)(iv), (3)(ii), (4)(iii), (5)(ii) and (6)(iv) (relating to acceptable continued competency activities):
(1) The name of the participant, provider and instructor.
(2) The title, date and location of the activity.
(3) The number of contact hours awarded.
(b) A licensee shall:
(1) Prepare a professional continued competence portfolio as defined in § 42.52 (relating to definitions) for each biennial period and retain it for 4 years following the last day of the biennial period during which the continued competency activities were completed.
(2) Verify completion of the required contact hours of continued competency activities when the license is renewed. A licensee who has not completed the required hours of continued competency activities will not be eligible for renewal until the hours are completed, unless a waiver or extension has been granted.
(3) Provide a copy of the professional continued competence portfolio to the Board within 30 days of notification of an audit.
The provisions of this § 42.57 issued under sections 5(b) and 15(a) of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act (63 P. S. § § 1505(b) and 1515(a)); amended under sections 5(b), 8(5)(vi) and 15(a) of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act (63 P.S. § § 1505(b), 1508(5)(vi) and 1515(a)).
The provisions of this § 42.57 adopted June 21, 2013, effective June 22, 2013, 43 Pa.B. 3350; amended May 4, 2018, effective May 5, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 2624. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (391503) to (391504).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 42.51 (relating to purpose); 49 Pa. Code § 42.52 (relating to definitions); and 49 Pa. Code § 42.55 (relating to acceptable continued competency activities).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.