§ 47.13b. Exemption from licensure examinationclinical social workers.
A license will be issued without examination to an applicant who meets the following requirements. The applicant shall have:
(1) Satisfied the general requirements for licensure in § 47.12 (relating to qualifications for licensure).
(2) Submitted an application provided by the Board and accompanied by the required fee.
(3) Submitted an application by February 19, 2002. (Editors Note: The act of February 13, 2002 (P. L. 83, No. 4) extended the deadline for the filing of an application by 1 year.)
(4) Demonstrated proof of practice of clinical social work for at least 5 of the 7 years immediately prior to the date of application for license and that the practice was conducted in this Commonwealth. (Editors Note: The act of February 13, 2002 (P. L. 83, No. 4) deleted the requirement that clinical social workers have practice experience in the Commonwealth to be eligible for licensure without examination, formerly found at section 9 of the Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors Act (63 P. S. § 1909(a)(3).)
(5) Successfully met the educational requirements of section 9(a)(4) of the act (63 P. S. § 1909(a)(4)). Continuing education submitted by an applicant under section 9(a)(4)(iii) of the act shall meet the following requirements:
(i) Masters level difficulty.
(ii) Direct practice social work subject matter.
(iii) Excludes courses in office management or practice building.
(6) Demonstrated holding the Board Certified Diplomat (BCD) certification issued by the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work, or a Diplomat in Clinical Social Work (DCSW) Certification or Qualified Clinical Social Worker (QSCW) certification issued by the National Association of Social Workers.
The provisions of this § 47.13b issued under section 6(2) of the Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors Act (63 P.S. § 1906(2)).
The provisions of this § 47.13b adopted March 1, 2002, effective March 2, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 1197.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.