§ 48.12. General qualifications for licensure.
General qualifications and requirements for applicants for licensure are as follows:
(1) The applicant is of good moral character.
(2) The applicant has not been convicted of a felony, which shall include a judgment, an admission of guilt or a plea of nolo contendere, under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act (35 P. S. § § 780-101780-144), or of an offense under the laws of another jurisdiction, which, if committed in this Commonwealth, would be a felony under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act, unless the following apply:
(i) At least 10 years have elapsed from the date of conviction.
(ii) The applicant satisfactorily demonstrates to the Board that the applicant has made significant progress in personal rehabilitation since the conviction, so that licensure of the applicant would not be expected to create a substantial risk of harm to the health and safety of the applicants clients or the public or a substantial risk of further criminal violations.
(3) The applicant has submitted an application for licensure on forms furnished by the Board. The application for licensure may be obtained by contact-ing the Board by mail at: State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors, Post Office Box 2649, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17105-2649, (717) 783-1389 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.
(4) The applicant has submitted the required application licensure fee by check or money order, payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
(5) The applicant has submitted two certificates of recommendation on forms furnished by the Board.
(6) The applicant has submitted an affirmation signed by the applicant verifying the information on the application.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 48.13 (relating to licensed MFT); 49 Pa. Code § 48.15 (relating to exemption from licensure examination); 49 Pa. Code § 48.16 (relating to application for licensure by reciprocity); and 49 Pa. Code § 48.17 (relating to licensure by endorsement).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.