§ 49.11. Licensure examination.
(a) The examination required as a prerequisite to being granted a license to hold oneself out as a licensed professional counselor shall be one of the following:
(1) The National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE) given by NBCC.
(2) The Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) Examination given by CRCC.
(3) The Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB) Certification Examination given by ATCB.
(4) The Board Certification Examination given by CBMT.
(5) The practice examination of psychological knowledge given by the NorthAmerican Association of Masters in Psychology (NAMP).
(6) The Advanced Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse Counselor Examination (AAODA) given by the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Inc. (IC & RC/AODA).
(7) The Examination for Master Addictions Counselors (EMAC) given by NBCC.
(b) The applicant shall apply to the testing organization for admission to the applicable licensure examination and shall pay the required fee at the direction of the testing organization.
(c) The applicant shall be responsible for directing that the testing organization send examination results and other information requested to the Board.
(d) The passing grade for the examination will be determined by the Board.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 49.13 (relating to licensed professional counselor).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.